Are you still getting attention?

Riskbreakuh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Hey guys, so I know the CTR has been out for a little over a year now. Was wondering if any of you are still getting loads of attention either on the road, or at the gas station? Just curious what everyone is currently experiencing as of late.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get a lot of attention. It cracks me up. I'll see people with their phones taking pics while I drive by.
I've come out of the grocery store and find two people taking pics of the car.

On the other side of attention, there's the hatred I get from STi owners (I used to own a STi also).
I'll wave at them, or give a nod and they'll look away...or another time I need to reverse park into my home and an STi owner was driving toward me...I pulled to the side to wave him by and he just gives me this dirty look. I'm not sure why STi owners hate me so much. Then again, it could be because they placed 4th in a test with the STi Type RA against the Golf R, Focus RS...and the number one CTR :D
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/hond...gen-golf-r-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-comparison/

OP
OP
Riskbreakuh

Riskbreakuh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I get a lot of attention. It cracks me up. I'll see people with their phones taking pics while I drive by.
I've come out of the grocery store and find two people taking pics of the car.

On the other side of attention, there's the hatred I get from STi owners (I used to own a STi also).
I'll wave at them, or give a nod and they'll look away...or another time I need to reverse park into my home and an STi owner was driving toward me...I pulled to the side to wave him by and he just gives me this dirty look. I'm not sure why STi owners hate me so much. Then again, it could be because they placed 4th in a test with the STi Type RA against the Golf R, Focus RS...and the number one CTR :D
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/hond...gen-golf-r-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-comparison/
I would assume since all of us are in the car game, we'd at least acknowledge and respect one another. What's the reason for being salty? :confused:

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Definitely doesn't get as much attention nowadays compared to when I first got the car almost a year ago, and I've been seeing more of the around my area so I'm not as special lol

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yes. I still get people trying to take pictures or people giving me thumbs up or talking to me at red lights. I've had two people this past week try to race me recently too. They want to race in dangerous areas that's full of cops. I try to ignore them. One guy followed from for several miles from Decatur to Huntsville (in Alabama)trying to get me to race him. If only he would have went a bit farther to the interstate.... he turned back around.

OP
OP
Riskbreakuh

Riskbreakuh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Definitely doesn't get as much attention nowadays compared to when I first got the car almost a year ago, and I've been seeing more of the around my area so I'm not as special lol
Dang, well at least you got lots of attention back then. Here I am a year late to the game =(

Yes. I still get people trying to take pictures or people giving me thumbs up or talking to me at red lights. I've had two people this past week try to race me recently too. They want to race in dangerous areas that's full of cops. I try to ignore them. One guy followed from for several miles from Decatur to Huntsville (in Alabama)trying to get me to race him. If only he would have went a bit farther to the interstate.... he turned back around.
I've only had one guy give me the thumbs up so far, and only 2 guys come up to me while filling up at the gas station. I expected more reactions since I haven't seen ANY CTRs in my area yet, but then again I've only had the car for 6 days. I'll probably have to go to a car meet to see other CTRs, but most of the time they usually get shut down due to racing lol

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Less attention as far as people going out of their way to say something or look at it. Which is nice I don't want attention.

Still notice people checking it out in parking lots like crazy though.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
no more random people talking to me at a stop light.
I still see people looking at it when it's parked though.

There's a ton of them in socal now so it's not like it's a rare car

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Which is nice I don't want attention.
You are driving a CTR and you don't want attention? Have you looked at this car before you get in or after you get out? :)

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
no more random people talking to me at a stop light.
I still see people looking at it when it's parked though.

There's a ton of them in socal now so it's not like it's a rare car
I wish i saw more ctr's I've only seen the most 5 outta 1yr it been out im in the IE

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
It wears off . I'm happy to fly under the radar after 9k miles in it .

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wish i saw more ctr's I've only seen the most 5 outta 1yr it been out im in the IE
i've maybe seen like 5-10 times or so also lol. most of the time i'm in my ILX though.
But there's probably a lot of people on the road whose already seen it now so there's less attention.

I don't like attention so I don't mind it. I actually like it better this way now. Before, random ppl who is stopped next to me would start talking to me and once we're done there would be this awkward silence until the light turned green lol.