Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
What the fuck
Yeah. Run a dash cam whenever you go to the dealer.

Could you imagine what would happen if the owner didn't catch this and came back for a transmission grind? SOL. The owner that posted this to civicx never followed up, presumably because he sued their ass. I would have demanded a new transmission and have it installed at a diff dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
That was painful to watch

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Reference test drive video:

I don't think i'd even bother discussing this with the Service or Dealership Manager. Would go straight to a pit bull of an attorney. New car or that video goes to Honda North America HQ and every TV station in the area. Just for starters.

Anyone know the name and location of that dealership?

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Yesterday (yeah, Sunday) I opened the garage to meet the post office guy delivering an Amazon package. He was like, wow, that's such a cool car! My friend won't stop talking about them. Can I take a picture for him? I said sure, be my guest. :)

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
As for the price thing. I don't think most of those folks what to know what you paid for your car, but rather what it would cost them to buy one. i.e. 'Oh, that's a cool car, how much does one cost?'

I haven't been asked yet, but if I am, I plan to answer with; "MSRP is $37k, but most of them sell for closer to 40k."

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
As for the price thing. I don't think most of those folks what to know what you paid for your car, but rather what it would cost them to buy one. i.e. 'Oh, that's a cool car, how much does one cost?'

I haven't been asked yet, but if I am, I plan to answer with; "MSRP is $37k, but most of them sell for closer to 40k."
How many times have people asked you this? I would imagine if it's more than a handful, wouldn't that get tiring after a while?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
How many times have people asked you this? I would imagine if it's more than a handful, wouldn't that get tiring after a while?
As I said, I've never been asked.

I think the thing that would keep it from bothering you is if you change your interpretation of the question. Instead of thinking about it being a question about you, think of it as a question about the car that has been poorly worded. Change your outlook, change your world :)

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
As I said, I've never been asked.

I think the thing that would keep it from bothering you is if you change your interpretation of the question. Instead of thinking about it being a question about you, think of it as a question about the car that has been poorly worded. Change your outlook, change your world :)
That's a fair and insightful point.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
MadMage with the wisdom for the day

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
What the fuck
A GIRL drove it around????? What the heck was this- learn how to drive manual in a Type R within 1 hour???

Watch 3:38 of the video- who's parking the black Civic in the parking spot? Another female??? I thought only service people were allowed in the shop- she looked like she was front-desk or cashier, not a frickin' mechanic!!!!! Look what's on the dashboard- the close-out paperwork before the customer gets called over to pay for the work.

How did she even get access to the vehicle and look at the other mechanics not even saying shit about anything- I think she had her way around and sounds like maybe she was the GM's daughter!
Sponsored

Last edited: