Do all intakes kill low end torque?

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I recently installed a mishimoto intake I had laying around from my previous hatch, and I was immiediately reminded why I took it off my previous car. It absolutely kills low end torque, without any noticeable benefit to the upper RPM range. It's a shame though, because it sounds great. Are there any other intake options out there that keep low end torque at least close to stock, or do they all have the same effect?
Sponsored

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Honestly you are likely not going to feel any difference from replacing the intake. Sound for sure and sometimes mpg but should not make it sluggish.
Could there be a step missed on installation?
Do you have a manual trans?
It could be the sound may be setting you off to engage the clutch at a different time.
As silly as it may sound when you react and adjust your driving by using sound as most do then going from a little to no sound to a much more audible one can likely interfere with what you’re used to using as your Go/No Go gage.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm generally not a fan of SRI's because beyond sound there aren't many benefits.

I love their dyno claims of "up to" 9 whp and 10 wtq. :D

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
You had the second worst intake on your car and a short ram Intake mind you. shoulda done more research about all intakes available before you bought that one and threw it on your car

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You had the second worst intake on your car and a short ram Intake mind you. shoulda done more research about all intakes available before you bought that one and threw it on your car
The research I did was me finding it on amazon for 50% off, open box 🤣.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly you are likely not going to feel any difference from replacing the intake. Sound for sure and sometimes mpg but should not make it sluggish.
Could there be a step missed on installation?
Do you have a manual trans?
It could be the sound may be setting you off to engage the clutch at a different time.
As silly as it may sound when you react and adjust your driving by using sound as most do then going from a little to no sound to a much more audible one can likely interfere with what you’re used to using as your Go/No Go gage.
It's a night and day difference, believe me. No placebo effect here.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm generally not a fan of SRI's because beyond sound there aren't many benefits.

I love their dyno claims of "up to" 9 whp and 10 wtq. :D
I had realistic expectations when I bought this thing. I didn't expect a HP increase, only sound. But I didn't expect it to actually impact performance this much. Guess I'll have to go back to stock.
Sponsored