First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Nope,

Release brake and then clutch, hill assist wont work.
Yea but then as soon as you hit your clutch pedal again to put into 1st gear it will hold the car again. I was talking about completely disabling the feature
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea but then as soon as you hit your clutch pedal again to put into 1st gear it will hold the car again. I was talking about completely disabling the feature
Hmm on my car it doesn't.

If I hold brake and clutch then release brake - hill assist works
If I release brake then clutch - hill assist doesn't work, doesn't matter if I depress the clutch again.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Hmm on my car it doesn't.

If I hold brake and clutch then release brake - hill assist works
If I release brake then clutch - hill assist doesn't work, doesn't matter if I depress the clutch again.

Yea maybe. I'm thinking we're trying to describe the same things but in different ways lol.

For me, the hill assist is only activated when;

1: brake pedal must be held down first.
2: while holding brake pedal, push down clutch. (Now the HSA is activated) and you can actually let go of the brake pedal. But, the HSA will only hold the car for a few seconds before it rolls back.

Sometimes I think the HSA is a pain due to having to give the car more gas to get it to overcome the brake.

Hope that clarifies for some people:D

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea maybe. I'm thinking we're trying to describe the same things but in different ways lol.

For me, the hill assist is only activated when;

1: brake pedal must be held down first.
2: while holding brake pedal, push down clutch. (Now the HSA is activated) and you can actually let go of the brake pedal. But, the HSA will only hold the car for a few seconds before it rolls back.

Sometimes I think the HSA is a pain due to having to give the car more gas to get it to overcome the brake.

Hope that clarifies for some people:D
Yas

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
I find it difficult to understand how people that drive stick shift have problems starting on a hill with or without Hill Assist :crazy: I can get a fully loaded fuel tanker going on a hill without rolling back no problem and to be honest I'd prefer the hill assist be turned off because of the delay in releasing the brakes when on a hill, it's almost as if i'm faster than the car. The brake hold feature works quite well to set the e-brake automatically if you unbuckle your seat belt before you shut the car off and it's not already rolling i.e. if your driveway is an incline. Hard pass on the janky "mod".

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Sorry, I thought mine did it one time when I shutoff the car with my seat belt on. Now I'm thinking it's never done it lol. Either way I always apply e-brake before I shutoff the car.
2020 Si, it does in fact apply the ebrake automatically when parking and the Brake Hold function on.

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I find it difficult to understand how people that drive stick shift have problems starting on a hill with or without Hill Assist :crazy: I can get a fully loaded fuel tanker going on a hill without rolling back no problem and to be honest I'd prefer the hill assist be turned off because of the delay in releasing the brakes when on a hill, it's almost as if i'm faster than the car. The brake hold feature works quite well to set the e-brake automatically if you unbuckle your seat belt before you shut the car off and it's not already rolling i.e. if your driveway is an incline. Hard pass on the janky "mod".
This mod is intended for mostly people who forgot to engage the parking brake ON after stop the car , you can’t leave the car just engage in 1 gear , the turbo engine doesn’t have enough compression for hold the car on a hill . That’s why many people buy it .
This module set automatic brake on by default. It means you start the car , and soon as you bucle your seatbelt, the brake hold it will turn on . You don’t need to push any button. Peace of mind .

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
2020 Si, it does in fact apply the ebrake automatically when parking and the Brake Hold function on.

Exactly, the 16, 17 , 18 does the same , you need to set brake hold first . This module does for you . You don’t need to worry about that . For many people who drive short distances and go back and forth is annoying push the button all the time .

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
You can probably disable hill assist by toggling the clutch switch or pulsing it since that affects hill assist. A microcontroller can do this. Once you are connected to FCAN and BCAN networks, you could probably monitor the door signals to activate brake hold and ebrake if sitting at 0mph

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

DALZ102

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Daniel...
Exactly which wires under seat, and which wire to the Brake Hold switch must be tapped for this?
Getting under the seat isn't easy...with air bag wiring & such.
Thanks

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hello đź‘‹ !
Uff long time I haven’t produced more of these modules , was too expensive to make it 100% plug and play , and I just sold like 11 modules total . If you really are interested pm
And we’ll see if I can make one more .
Sponsored