Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
AAES Brake Hold module

Hello Folks!

Coming soon!

Default Brake Hold ‘’ON’’ function. As you know the Type R, has the function to turn on brake hold, this allows to not step on the brake when you are on a hill or just sitting in traffic. However the most important function is when you turn off the car, the brake hold function also turns on the parking brake. How many times do we get out the car and we’re asking ourselves if we put on the parking brake? How many times do we forget to turn it on? Well this module is intended to have an precaution when we turn off the car and we want to make sure the parking brake is on, I know many people prefer to leave it in the 1st gear or in reverse. (Personally I never do, I don’t want to forget the car is in 1st gear and hit the car in front! LOL)

The module is already tested and I have a prototype, but I can take pre orders.

The price is $190 per module.

Functions: The module has a power button in case you want to turn it off, (all the functionality of the car remains the same). When the module is on, with the car on, as soon as you buckle your seatbelt there is a delay of 7 seconds and after, the (Brake Hold) function will be ‘’ON’’ automatically. If you unbuckle the seatbelt there is a delay of 7 seconds and the module will restart. If you decide to buckle your seatbelt again, the module will turn “ON’’ the (Brake Hold) function again. The functionality of the car remains the same if module is on or off.

Installation: The installation is very simple. It has a wire harness with two T tap terminal connectors. One goes to the shifter console where the (brake hold) button is located and the other goes under the driver seat, tapping the seat belt buckle device.

The time of the installation is around 15 minutes for inexperienced persons in electronics.

Paypal ready , cashapp and Zelle.

Interested PM

(Picture prototype module)

Honda Civic 10th gen Default (Brake Hold) module Default brake hold

Honda Civic 10th gen Default (Brake Hold) module E8C92D47-8523-4298-A1A1-9ABD29632008.jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Default (Brake Hold) module IMG_7327.JPG

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
There are 2 brake "hold" features on the CTR.

1st is hill start assist which will hold the car when on a hill so you won't roll backwards. There is no way to turn this off (that I know of) someone correct me if they know how.

2nd is the actual brake hold feature which you can turn on or off, this is for when you are in traffic or are on slight inclines/declines that are too small for the hill start assist to pick up.

Edit: CTR will not apply e-brake when shutting off ignition.

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

1st is hill start assist which will hold the car when on a hill so you won't roll backwards. There is no way to turn this off (that I know of) someone correct me if they know how.

2nd is the actual brake hold feature which you can turn on or off, this is for when you are in traffic or are on slight inclines/declines that are too small for the hill start assist to pick up.

And yes in the CTR when you shut off the car it will apply the e-brake if you didn't apply it already.
Mine does not apply e-brake automatically...

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine does not apply e-brake automatically...
Sorry, I thought mine did it one time when I shutoff the car with my seat belt on. Now I'm thinking it's never done it lol. Either way I always apply e-brake before I shutoff the car.

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

Might this video answer your question.

The module turn on (Brake Hold) function after you buckle your seatbelt (the button next to Parking brake)

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Guess my '19 had some special code when it does it for me.
Your car is a Type R? or Manual transmission? Because I forgot to mention this mod is for manual transmission, the automatic transmission the parking brake you can selective by default or not.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

1st
Release brake without depressing clutch will stop hill assist from activating

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
1st
Release brake without depressing clutch will stop hill assist from activating

Well yea, as soon as you hit the clutch pedal it holds the brake. Unless you hold down the clutch on a hill or just hold the brake it will not activate hill assist.

But there is no way to permanently disable it without this module as of yet.

OP
OP
seselectronics

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Well yea, as soon as you hit the clutch pedal it holds the brake. Unless you hold down the clutch on a hill or just hold the brake it will not activate hill assist.

I didn't know the people were looking for disable (Hill Assist) feature, I will take a look if is possible.

Thanks!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Nope,

Release brake and then clutch, hill assist wont work.
Sponsored