Deciding between LX or EX sedan...

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I prefer the EX rims over the EX-T rims. EX-T rims are just ass ugly.
Sponsored

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,

Later this summer, I intend to purchase a NEW 2018 Civic, and I am trying to decide between either the LX or EX sedan. What is making me lean more to the LX, is the horrible, god awful, ugly alloys that Honda is now using on the EX! They are just so extreme and busy looking. Honda is trying way too hard with their new alloys. The alloys on the new CRV are downright juvenile looking! However, on the other hand, the EX will have 8 speakers, push bottom and remote start. Moon roof I couldn't care less about so that's not a consideration. I am usually one that frowns upon hubcaps, BUT the style that Honda is using on the LX, in my opinion, are actually pretty handsome and conservative looking. Also, if you accidently scrap a hubcap, its simple cheap $35.00 replacement cost, as opposed to a new alloy for $300.00 or so.

What are you guys thoughts on the EX alloys? Hate them? Love them?

I WILL be getting the Cosmic Blue color which I really love.

Any thoughts?
Just go for the touring!

RallyeRedSedan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic/2006 Evo
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Deciding between LX or EX sedan... AA998E6F-EDFF-4CDA-AC14-F5BF7C2E8250
Never thought I would own a Red car but I love my Rallye Red LX

No need for the EX imo...I’m gonna throw in some tweeters in the front door sailboat panels along with a small sub to get me some more sound
The only other thing I care to do is window tint and changing out the garbage halogen bulbs to some Morimoto Elite hids from the retrofit source

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
Probably! LOL. So have you been happy with your 16 EX? Any issues at all that had to go back to dealer?
Nope nothing major.. except the fuel spitting out while filling up (which they replaced with the new part), and at the same time.. did they software update.

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. The touring is way out of my budget. Its the LX....or MAYBE the EX sedan in Cosmic Blue. LOVE how that color looks agianst the gray interior.

I wanted that blue. It only comes in black interior. So instead went with the white orchard instead.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted that blue. It only comes in black interior. So instead went with the white orchard instead.
Actually Cosmic Blue is a Dark blue metallic and only comes with a gray interior in the US. Maybe you are thinking of Aegean Blue?

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually Cosmic Blue is a Dark blue metallic and only comes with a gray interior in the US. Maybe you are thinking of Aegean Blue?

Yes. You are correct. Either way I wanted tan leather. So the white color worked best.
Sponsored