Debadged.

fung88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Vehicle Showcase
Debaged my black coupe using hot water and towel. Dipped the towel to hot water then pressed it on a letter for about two minutes. Twist the letter a bit and it came off with the glue intact on the back of the letters. Nothing to clean. it came off clean.
sweet gonna debadge mine!
Sponsored

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I'm curious to debadge mine as well, but I'm curious if I don't like it, how easy is it to put it back on?

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
I got so excited after reading this thread that I went and debagded my two week old hatchback. Boy, was I in a rude awakening. After slowly peeling off each letter of "civic" one by one by hand with a hair blower and wiping off the stickness with goo-gone, I found three separate small but visible pin size paint chips where the logo used to be. I was freaked out and thought what have I done! But then what could I have done to cause these chips? I used my hands only to peel the letters off, and I used a microfiber cloth to clean the surface before goo-gone. Or maybe the chips were there already under the logo and I just revealed them? Do I have a case to take it to my dealer and ask them to fix the chips, or at least give me a touch-up pen to fix them myself?

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried getting my boy to but I guess he wants everyone to know he's driving a Touring model. 2016 Coupe.

I will when my Hatchback arrives, I guessing he'll put the SPORT TOURING on his. LOL

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Double checking before I start debadging. First step though is this damn dealer sticker! Would heat from a hair dryer and maybe a little GooGone be best to get rid of this ugly thing?

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20161117_070826

auditman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2016 Coupe
Country flag
I used wd for the the plastic sticker that my dealer use.

I peeled a little and sprayed the open part and it came off easily.

Double checking before I start debadging. First step though is this damn dealer sticker! Would heat from a hair dryer and maybe a little GooGone be best to get rid of this ugly thing?

20161117_070826.jpg

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I debadged mine when I first got it. I was nervous about it but at about 3 AM I made a dash to my brand new car with floss in hand and began sliding it through. I did the "I" first in case there was going to be a shadow or paint flaw. Had goo gone ready and proceeded. Looks very good. I let the Touring decal stay. Yes, people cannot believe it's a Civic. Glad I debadged!

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone else run into the situation where, after debadging and if the car gets dirty around where the Civic emblem was, you can see a faint outline of the letters? What would cause that, and is there a way to fix it? Is it a matter of washing and waxing the car in order to seal it?

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
Has anyone else run into the situation where, after debadging and if the car gets dirty around where the Civic emblem was, you can see a faint outline of the letters? What would cause that, and is there a way to fix it? Is it a matter of washing and waxing the car in order to seal it?
I would wash and apply wax to the area. Then let time have its toll.

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
is it just me or does the debadge only look good on coupes. love my touring too much to debadge it and make it look like the other trims.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
is it just me or does the debadge only look good on coupes. love my touring too much to debadge it and make it look like the other trims.
Looks sweet on my sedan

GENX4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Lunar Silver
I think it looks great on my EX-T sedan.
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20170110_212759

I also really like the look with no badges. Even the service department at Honda struggles to find my car when I take it in. First try was with heat gun and I damaged the panel putting heat dents in it. The piece cost 100 dollars to replace and it comes in the colors of the car already. I used hair dryer second time, and a plastic scraper, should have used floss as the "c" left two tiny chips in the paint as it was scraped off. I used the touch-up paint on those. Lacquer thinner was the only thing that worked for me in removing the adhesive underneath. I still am happy with the look.

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Heat gun screwed up the panel? Ouch!! Hopefully everything else is good.

$100 to debadge a civic. That hurts.

I love the oem look. Lol
Sponsored