First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
i see there are some Honda dealers offering to do a Hondata flash on my 2018 Si, my question is will this void the warranty?
Sponsored

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dealership will if I purchase and have them install. Each dealership is different but it’s a rare unicorn these days.

I’m planning to get Hondata or Ktuner flash and a few other things and I’ll still have warranty. Disclaimer! Only with that specific dealership moving forward.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I asked my dealership if they do the Hondata reflash to keep the "factory" warranty with them. The service manager had to look into it and will call me back lol. Probably a "no" but if yes wow it's going to be worth the money.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
The honda engineer confirmed that they keep the HP at 205 to secure durability of the engine and transmission. No way honda will warranty the work of an external company that don’t have the resources to properly test the vehicle to secure that durability

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just because a dealership is who does the ECU flash does not mean that Honda has to honor the warranty if the tune causes issues. Approved dealer or not.
Correct. It's not Honda that is authorizing these dealers to flash the tunes. They are authorized Hondata dealers only.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
lol for anyone who believe that honda would still do warranty work after finding out youre flashed is living in fairy tale land. shit they deny warranty work to people who arent flashed.

so if you think their gonna honor your warranty being flashed then.... keep dreaming

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Enjoy your tune but assume the fact that your are more likely to have issue eventually and you will reduce the durability of your engine, that’s the price to pay!

longhvo258

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
A little late to the party but I think that people are correct in saying it changes on a dealer to dealer basis. Here is what the dealership in London Ontario, Canada stated.

"Here is a waiver I would be getting you to sign if you decided to go ahead with this Hondata tune.

1. The product Hondata is not a Honda Canada genuine accessory and therefore voids the warranty of any parts related failure due to the use of Hondata remapping of the Engine Control Unit.

2. Hondata is a remapping software which changes the driving characteristics of your 2020 Civic SI.

3. Hondata is not designed as an aid for racetrack / roadcourse/ auto-cross racing, street racing or any other kind of driving behaviour beyond the laws of the road.

4. Installing Hondata software may cause failure to components of the car which would result in the warranty from Honda Canada to become null and void.

5. If failure is determined to be the fault of Hondata or the vehicle operator, the customer signing below agrees that all costs associated with repair will be their responsibility , not Honda Canada nor London Honda Car Sales.

6. The customer signing below agrees to waive any rights of litigation in common law against Honda Canada or London Honda Car Sales.

7. The customer signing below agrees to waive any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense, or injury or due to the installation of the Hondata software.

Essentially the ECU will be voided instantly. Your warranty won’t be null and void completely however, for instance if you have a TPMS issue (something that is obviously not related to Hondata) you will be fine."

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Enjoy your tune but assume the fact that your are more likely to have issue eventually and you will reduce the durability of your engine, that’s the price to pay!
Exactly how I feel about tuning.
I plan to drive the car for a few more years so durability is important. My SI is my daily commute. BTW, I bought the extended warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited: