Daily Driver checking in!

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Type-R is always the answer! I live in the Mid-West (StL) and we are in the midst of a winter storm. Made it to work just fine on my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4’s :)

Others in their 4x4 trucks couldn’t even be bothered to come in!
Honda Civic 10th gen Daily Driver checking in! FB2577D4-42C6-4157-9B1B-47CB21915690
Sponsored

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Yeah, living here in northern Vermont I spend half the year on snow tires,, and other than watching out for ridges of ice or snow that can cause issues due to the relatively low clearance of the car, it does quite well. Temps have been between -20 F and 33 F over the past couple of weeks, though active snowfall hasn't been an issue for a few days (gonna change this weekend it looks like). The cold is annoying but the car handles it well.

I was able to actually get to one of those coin-operated DIY car wash bays today (temps got above freezing, if only just) to hose off the salt at least.....

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Yeah, living here in northern Vermont I spend half the year on snow tires,, and other than watching out for ridges of ice or snow that can cause issues due to the relatively low clearance of the car, it does quite well. Temps have been between -20 F and 33 F over the past couple of weeks, though active snowfall hasn't been an issue for a few days (gonna change this weekend it looks like). The cold is annoying but the car handles it well.

I was able to actually get to one of those coin-operated DIY car wash bays today (temps got above freezing, if only just) to hose off the salt at least.....
Did the same to mine yesterday. Quick rinse to get the salt off

OP
OP
ImMikeD

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Did the same to mine yesterday. Quick rinse to get the salt off
I work at a dealership, and pull mine into the wash bay after the store closes on Saturday's to give it a good scrub during the cold months. I can't stand all the salt, especially with a black car lol

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Checking in! I live in the central coast of Cali and rainy season just passed. Every so often I splurge on a hand wax but mostly I wash it myself. Got my fk8 in August 2021 at 21k miles. Currently at 28k miles. And loving every minute of it!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Daily Driver checking in! 20211129_152245

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Checking in! I live in the central coast of Cali and rainy season just passed. Every so often I splurge on a hand wax but mostly I wash it myself. Got my fk8 in August 2021 at 21k miles. Currently at 28k miles. And loving every minute of it!!
20211129_152245.jpg
Looks great! I'm taking my CTR down to Pebble next week. Looking forward to the drive.

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks great! I'm taking my CTR down to Pebble next week. Looking forward to the drive.
Thanks! Im in monterey. We should link up. My car is currently at the shop getting some work done though. But it'd be legit to meet a fellow fk8 enthusiast.

Goal is to have my car ready to smoke the porsches and corvettes during concourse week lol

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Thanks! Im in monterey. We should link up. My car is currently at the shop getting some work done though. But it'd be legit to meet a fellow fk8 enthusiast.

Goal is to have my car ready to smoke the porsches and corvettes during concourse week lol
This is a long weekend away @ Spanish Bay with my wife, so I don't think a CTR meet-up is in the cards this time, but I'd love to do that in the future.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Took my CTR to Yosemite National Park right after the great snow dump. Handled like a champ. Hurt more to pay $6/gallon for gas.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I run Michelin Xice3 in winter on 18s, this is my 3rd winter running them (I switch back to the rubberbands in summer). These tires are champs with the snow. I have a 15mile (one way) commute to work and the last really bad storm we had I came in and most of my co workers have trucks and some didn't show up. Some folks were surprised I made it and i'm like, why though? I've got dedicated snows lol

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Damn, waxed-up red is a great looking color. Then again, I had zero choice on color, but am pretty happy with the CW. When I can see it. Living on a dirt road, and with our winters, it is usually any color except white.

TurbSi

First Name
Zdravko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport (6MT)
Country flag
Type-R is always the answer! I live in the Mid-West (StL) and we are in the midst of a winter storm. Made it to work just fine on my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4’s :)

Others in their 4x4 trucks couldn’t even be bothered to come in!
FB2577D4-42C6-4157-9B1B-47CB21915690.jpeg
Hey, fellow STL guy here as well haha, sadly just a FK7, but I was the only one to show up amongst the other 5 people with AWD to come into work lmao. They didn't have any faith in my car but I made it relatively fine haha

OP
OP
ImMikeD

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
I run Michelin Xice3 in winter on 18s, this is my 3rd winter running them (I switch back to the rubberbands in summer). These tires are champs with the snow. I have a 15mile (one way) commute to work and the last really bad storm we had I came in and most of my co workers have trucks and some didn't show up. Some folks were surprised I made it and i'm like, why though? I've got dedicated snows lol
I was looking at snow tires, but most of them are for just that; snow. Here in the StL area it always seems to be a mix and snow AND ice so I just went with the A/S. So far tho they have not disappointed me at all!
Sponsored