OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s definitely a Honda windshield made by Pilkington. If the AS1 code is the same as other, then it’s replaced at the UK plant before it left.

oem means Pilkington is the original equipment manufacturer for Honda, and they are allowed to manufacture and sell the same windshield without the Honda stamp. They are still the same thing because they are the oem.

The same windshield in Japan could be made by their local oem like Asahi or AP tech.
So it looks like it's definitely the original windshield. I opened a new thread to confirm since posting the question in this one would get a bit lost.

I am getting it replaced with an aftermarket, but I told them I want a Pilkington one, which they said they can get, so hopefully it's the same or close to the oem. I'm slightly worried though...
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2021 EX Hatch here, I didnt get the code but mine does say Pilkington on it as well. If that means/helps you guys at all.
Pilkington has been doing the windshield and windows for Honda for a while, what's the code on yours?

Those in Japan with black privacy windows have different codes.
So it looks like it's definitely the original windshield. I opened a new thread to confirm since posting the question in this one would get a bit lost.

I am getting it replaced with an aftermarket, but I told them I want a Pilkington one, which they said they can get, so hopefully it's the same or close to the oem. I'm slightly worried though...
Yes, definitely go for the Pilkington, even though it may not have the H logo on it but it's still the same manufacturer. Say no to unknown windshield manufacturer, the distortion is a joke. I've seen people go cheap with the unknown manufacturer, you can tell the windshield or window is wavy from outside.

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, definitely go for the Pilkington, even though it may not have the H logo on it but it's still the same manufacturer. Say no to unknown windshield manufacturer, the distortion is a joke. I've seen people go cheap with the unknown manufacturer, you can tell the windshield or window is wavy from outside.
Cool, thanks. They did say they could get a Pilkington so I'm gonna ensure that it is before they install it. They are doing it tomorrow so hopefully all goes well...

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, the windshield has been replaced. The new one has the Pilkington name and numbers on it, but does not have the Honda logo. The guy said it's identical to oem, and it looks to me like it is, and that would make sense. The logo/numbers are now on the passenger side, where as before they were on the driver side.

I told him others on this forum have confirmed that their windshields are the same as mine, with the pilkingont and honda logos, but he was still insistent that the windshield had already been replaced at some point. I told him I bought the car new 4 years ago and I never had it done, but he still felt it had. He said they didn't do the greatest job either, and also was saying that some of the old adhesive was still wet, which is bizarre, but that's what he thought.

Anyway, I haven't driven the car yet but hopefully all is well. The guys doing the replacement had like 20 years experience so I feel pretty good about the work that was done.

Mcrt88

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
You are so lucky. My wife’s windshield got cracked after about 6 months of having the car (rock on freeway) and because she had Honda sensing it was like $1500!!

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are so lucky. My wife’s windshield got cracked after about 6 months of having the car (rock on freeway) and because she had Honda sensing it was like $1500!!
Ouch!

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Exactly why I added non-deductible glass to my insurance. I dont pay a cent and it added something like $14/6 months.

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Exactly why I added non-deductible glass to my insurance. I dont pay a cent and it added something like $14/6 months.
Some states (including mine) have laws stipulating no deductible on any safety glass/lenses.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go.
20210825_193401.jpg
Same codes as the op, so it would have been replaced by the factory in Swindon or dealerships in US if it's been replaced before as the installer claims.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same codes as the op, so it would have been replaced by the factory in Swindon or dealerships in US if it's been replaced before as the installer claims.
I looked a the car about 30min after they pulled it off the truck and didnt notice anything and wasnt told that the dealership had to replace the windshield. Just FYI.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked a the car about 30min after they pulled it off the truck and didnt notice anything and wasnt told that the dealership had to replace the windshield. Just FYI.
I'm saying the windshield of the op, @myke, has the same codes as yours. His installer said the windshield was replaced before, so I assume his windshield is either replaced by factory in Swindon or Honda dealership in the States. There's nothing to do with you, the codes on your windshield proves it is the same windshield from the factory.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm saying the windshield of the op, @myke, has the same codes as yours. His installer said the windshield was replaced before, so I assume his windshield is either replaced by factory in Swindon or Honda dealership in the States. There's nothing to do with you, the codes on your windshield proves it is the same windshield from the factory.
Ahh, gotcha.

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yean, and even though the installer was knowledgable and had experience, I still doubt that it was ever replaced....
Sponsored