Justtoggle

First Name
just
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a 2020 Civic SI, just literally yesterday I was driving home on the highway trying to merge and starting to realize that my clutch started to slip. I’m not sure if it would be covered under warranty, but it shouldn’t be my fault cause I been driving manual for 5+ years now, and I purchased this vehicle on November 2019 brand new. The only modifications I have is just a BOV(blow off valve) and PRL Ram Short Intake. No tune at the moment.
Sponsored

ACR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
A Tsb was released recently in September. Guess the Clutch’s on this generation of Si are actually weak as people have stated before. You should be covered under warranty. I would just return car back fully stock just to be safe.
Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch Slippage C27C9B1B-8F52-4A74-813C-04950BC6B213

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
A Tsb was released recently in September. Guess the Clutch’s on this generation of Si are actually weak as people have stated before. You should be covered under warranty. I would just return car back fully stock just to be safe.
C27C9B1B-8F52-4A74-813C-04950BC6B213.jpeg

Is it a newer revision for the recall? If its the same clutch it will have the same issue.

@OP I will tell you that rolling into 4th gear is a sure fire way to get your clutch to slip.

Reactions: JMM

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Is it a newer revision for the recall? If its the same clutch it will have the same issue.

@OP I will tell you that rolling into 4th gear is a sure fire way to get your clutch to slip.
It is not a recall. A service bulletin is just an updated repair procedure. Not a warranty extension or recall. The same part number doesn't mean it's the same faulty part, just means for a period the supplier could have supplied clutches with bad material. Which means all the new parts will be of the correct quality.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Under warranty. I am guessing their is some "clause" in the warranty verbage that stipulates clutch issues as not their fault.
Nonetheless, pressure them to follow their warranty as best you can. Maybe hire a lawyer.

I would absolutely take that BOV off and replace the intake with stock before going to the dealer. Give them NO excuses!
Besides, the BOV is ruining your motor anyways.

Just my 2 cents

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
I would absolutely take that BOV off and replace the intake with stock before going to the dealer. Give them NO excuses!
Besides, the BOV is ruining your motor anyways.
This x2. That BOV does nothing for performance but is wrecking your motor.

10thGenPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2020 Civic SI, just literally yesterday I was driving home on the highway trying to merge and starting to realize that my clutch started to slip. I’m not sure if it would be covered under warranty, but it shouldn’t be my fault cause I been driving manual for 5+ years now, and I purchased this vehicle on November 2019 brand new. The only modifications I have is just a BOV(blow off valve) and PRL Ram Short Intake. No tune at the moment.
I bought my 2020 Civic Si Coupe back in May (used). I have 27k miles on it and recently started to notice some clutch slippage. I was scheduled for maintenance today and just as I though, my clutch was smoked.
Needless to say, I was looking at about $4300 to replace it. On my way home from the dealership I found the TSB that was issued in September. I called my service manager and emailed the TSB to him. An hour later he called me to let me know that Honda was going to pay to replace the entire clutch kit. Every nut, bolt, seal, parts, etc.
I don't drive my car hard, but it is my first MT. I'm admittedly nervous now, as when I was at the dealer they basically told me I didn't know how to drive and the only way to have this problem is to ride the clutch.
Sponsored

Reactions: JMM