Clutch question again

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I don't believe I've had that issue. Describe the grind you got?
a gear grind when you down or upshift and it grinds lol

the notorious 2nd gear notch/grind that people tend to complain about on the 10th gen civic
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
a gear grind when you down or upshift and it grinds lol

the notorious 2nd gear notch/grind that people tend to complain about on the 10th gen civic
I've had it not want to go into second twice before. And it made a nice sound. But I thought it was somthing I was doing. Other then that it's been behaving

DarthMaul40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Comfort HB, 1.0 Turbo, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never had a gear grind and I'm past 11000 km. Could be that I'm careful with the clutch. However, the rev hang is annoying...

royson345

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
Are you referring to a rotating grinding noise when driving? I noticed this sound not to long after i did my CDV delete. Wasn't sure if the cdv delete was the cause of this noise or not but I'm starting to think it is. :dunno:
However the noise isn't really noticeable unless windows are up and radio is up. Sound is low.
I am experiencing the same noise after doing the cdv delete as well. I thought at first it was sonething with the wheel or hub but now after listening more to it it seems to be coming from the transmission area. Im thinking its the throwout bearing is rubbing on rhe pressure plate after fidling with the fork while removing and reinstalling the slave cylinder. Ive tried messing with it again but the sound is still there. I even tried bleeding the clutch again to get it to stiffen up but no dice.

Have you had any luck diagnosing the issue or has it gone away for you?

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I am experiencing the same noise after doing the cdv delete as well. I thought at first it was sonething with the wheel or hub but now after listening more to it it seems to be coming from the transmission area. Im thinking its the throwout bearing is rubbing on rhe pressure plate after fidling with the fork while removing and reinstalling the slave cylinder. Ive tried messing with it again but the sound is still there. I even tried bleeding the clutch again to get it to stiffen up but no dice.

Have you had any luck diagnosing the issue or has it gone away for you?
Nope no luck, but considering you have the same problem leads me to think it really must be cdv delete related now

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
The only "issue/non-issue" I have is that if you are too fast on engagement in first gear, you feel and hear a deep clunk and the entire car lurches.
I have the CDV delete done and SS line installed.

On normal cars, this clunk happens at a near stall if you raise the clutch up too quick without giving it any gas.

On the Si, I get this clunk at the very beginning of the friction zone, way before the car even comes close to stalling out.

At least with it at the beginning of the friction zone, I can pretty much feel it "catching" every time without having to pre-load with any gas.

royson345

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
Nope no luck, but considering you have the same problem leads me to think it really must be cdv delete related now
I feel the same. Been poking around for quite some time now and havnt been able to nail down the issue or pin point it exactly. Cant really take it to the dealer anyway because as soon as they notice the SS clutch line and the modified slave, Ill be out the door with no answers!
Sponsored