2020CanadianSIinTheUS

First Name
Oyantay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Alright everyone I’m back with another rookie question. Yesterday I changed my transmission fluid on my si. It only had 30k but I’m changing out all the fluids on it so I can start fresh since I got it a month ago. This morning I was pleasantly surprised at how much smoother it went into gear. I mean buttery smooth. I used Honda oem fluid since I got it cheap until I can buy the raventhol (I think that’s how it’s spelled) or amsoil fluid. Well on my drive to work it felt like the car was gliding. I was super happy.

now on the way back home is when I started feeling the clutch really low to the floorboard. Don’t know if it was like that before but I could have sworn it was higher. I put in the exact 1.9 Qts of MTF Honda specifies. I could have sworn it was a bit higher tho. I don’t recall having to push my foot so low for the engagement point to hit. Now for some reason I feel as if the clutch is slipping cause my revs climb higher faster (especially 1-2) with less gas. Only thing I can think of is that I didn’t wanna tighten the fill hole super tight and I didn’t have a torque wrench and just tightened it very snug cause I didn’t wanna risk breaking something. Is it possible air got in my line? Can that even happen? Or is this normal from the fluid change?

where did I mess up? has anyone experienced this right after changing their clutch fluid? What are your thoughts on this? It would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The clutch master and slave cylinder get fluid from the brake master cylinder. Changing the trans fluid shouldn't affect your clutch at all. Are you just getting on it more now that it's shifting smooth and just realizing your clutch is slipping?

OP
OP
2020CanadianSIinTheUS

2020CanadianSIinTheUS

First Name
Oyantay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Not really. Shifting same as before but I’m trying not to shift so early now. I’m shifting at closer to 4k vs 3k so that I’m not putting more strain on my clutch or engine. I have noticed that the gears I am getting on are 1-2 and they probably aren’t long gears to begin with and I’m probably not gonna be at a higher mph in those gears. Car is completely stock and other than daily stop and go traffic on my way to work I don’t beat on the car. Regular highway driving car feels fine. Maybe it’s just in my head as far as clutch engagement point if fluid has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored