• Total voters

Launchpad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch 13 MB CLS63 AMG 2003 Lexus LS430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's already out in Europe. The 7.5 with the performance bits is in totally another league. 17" brakes, awd, dsg, great sounding arapovic exhaust and more. It's also another 10k.

I would get an extended warranty on a VW product

How do you figure 10K ? sticker is 40k and you can get them for 3-4 under sticker right now. Not to mention the Type R markup I bet there wont be that much difference in price. Screw an extended warranty if I end up getting and R itll be a stage 2 APR car.

Leonine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin supercharged Honda Fit, Honda Accord Sport, Honda Element
I can't wait to get one. I put a deposit down and unless the markup is ridiculous I will get it. Been a Honda fan for many years now I love the styling and reliability.

I got the Fit when it first came to the US as well. On my 2nd one now and it has been at the builder for over a year. Twin Rotrex build with a fully built top and bottom end and I kept the original motor. The Type R will be a welcome addition. I'll leave it stock it's perfect the way it is.

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
I will likely NOT be part of the initial rush of buyers but I will buy one within a year of launch.
Same. I remember when the very first batch of '16 sedans came out in 2015, and the was a problem with the infotainment screen where it would cut out when you cut the wheel. They eventually fixed it later on, but that taught me never to be the very first one to own something. You just end up being a beta tester at that point.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Honda's quality, but with every BRAND NEW thing, the bugs have to be worked out. So unless the FK8 is only gonna be produced for the 2017/2018 MY, I'm fine with waiting. My dealer said we'll probably only see 1 this year anyway.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
It's already out in Europe. The 7.5 with the performance bits is in totally another league. 17" brakes, awd, dsg, great sounding arapovic exhaust and more. It's also another 10k.

That means 20"+ wheels and I am not going to have anything to do with a 20" wheel!!!!!!1!!

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Same. I remember when the very first batch of '16 sedans came out in 2015, and the was a problem with the infotainment screen where it would cut out when you cut the wheel. They eventually fixed it later on, but that taught me never to be the very first one to own something. You just end up being a beta tester at that point.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Honda's quality, but with every BRAND NEW thing, the bugs have to be worked out. So unless the FK8 is only gonna be produced for the 2017/2018 MY, I'm fine with waiting. My dealer said we'll probably only see 1 this year anyway.
very true, there can always be bugs to work out..
My hopes/thoughts are that most of all the components in this car have already been in use in prior models, so I'm hoping future problems are kept to a minimum. but imagine there is bound to be some issues.

OP
OP
Evo

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
The GTI and golf r have always had wheels way too large. I think they were the first ones brave enough to stick 19 on a compact

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag

Is this the Golf R you referred to? They say is model 2017. 38k eur with manual / 39.5k with DSG. No wonder the Honda dealership has those old Type Rs sitting. I wonder how many will pay over 35k for the next one. Considering also the residuals, things get even worse.

http://www.volkswagen.lu/content/me...rendition.download_attachment.file/gti-lr.pdf

Solid choice the Golf R. However I can not get over the bland/tired grandma car look, lack of personality. But most do I guess. I see every day Golf Rs, A45s, Audi S2 and to a lesser extent Focus RS , Megane RSs.

Last edited:

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
Is this the Golf R you referred to? They say is model 2017. 38k eur with manual / 39.5k with DSG. No wonder the Honda dealership has those old Type Rs sitting. I wonder how many will pay over 35k for the next one. Considering also the residuals, things get even worse.

http://www.volkswagen.lu/content/me...rendition.download_attachment.file/gti-lr.pdf

Solid choice the Golf R. However I can not get over the bland/tired grandma car look, lack of personality. But most do I guess. I see every day Golf Rs, A45s, Audi S2 and to a lesser extent Focus RS , Megane RSs.
I might get some hate for this but here it goes anyway. I HATE the spoiler/wing on the ctr. I have a deposit down but now I'm getting cold feet. I love everything else about the ctr but to me, the spoiler, asthetically adds a douche factor. I know it has a purpose and all, but to me it just looks so douchey. Can it be removed? lol
I've had an 87 CRX, 2 Accords, a crappy Del sol, a 90's Prelude and an 04 Civic Si Hatchback. I obviously love Hondas. I just wish Honda would make a new Si hatch! Since they are not, the choice is the ctr. Thoughts on the looks of the spoiler?

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I might get some hate for this but here it goes anyway. I HATE the spoiler/wing on the ctr. I have a deposit down but now I'm getting cold feet. I love everything else about the ctr but to me, the spoiler, asthetically adds a douche factor. I know it has a purpose and all, but to me it just looks so douchey. Can it be removed? lol
I've had an 87 CRX, 2 Accords, a crappy Del sol, a 90's Prelude and an 04 Civic Si Hatchback. I obviously love Hondas. I just wish Honda would make a new Si hatch! Since they are not, the choice is the ctr. Thoughts on the looks of the spoiler?
I agree. I would likely remove the spoiler as well.
Sponsored