durejatejvir

First Name
Tejvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Country flag
thinking of getting one of these two new 2020. I understand the civic is faster and more fun although the accord is more spacious, convenient, and modern in its features. i like the look of the si better however. Also I am a little worried about complaints of oil dilution in the civics as well as rev hang in the si specifically. the accord I get would be an automatic haha ik boring right but hey its convenient and where I live there isn't much area to push a car to its limits. that being said I am still attracted to the speed and quickness of the si as well as its uniqueness because everyone has an accord but a si is just different. The accords infotainment is also a big plus for me as I like how it looks and functions. as you can probably tell by now I'm torn so I could use some help.
Sponsored

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You shouldn’t run into the oil dilution issue with the turbos in California. Mostly a cold climate, short commute/low km issue where owners won’t commit to letting the car run for a minute or two before taking off. Save the manuals!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you take the Si for a test drive and enjoy the ride/manual definitely go for it. Always buy the car you will enjoy sitting in and looking at everyday. However, if you find the ride too harsh/noisy then the Accord will no doubt be more comfortable and easy to drive, but certainly not as fun :thumbsup:

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
thinking of getting one of these two new 2020. I understand the civic is faster and more fun although the accord is more spacious, convenient, and modern in its features. i like the look of the si better however. Also I am a little worried about complaints of oil dilution in the civics as well as rev hang in the si specifically. the accord I get would be an automatic haha ik boring right but hey its convenient and where I live there isn't much area to push a car to its limits. that being said I am still attracted to the speed and quickness of the si as well as its uniqueness because everyone has an accord but a si is just different. The accords infotainment is also a big plus for me as I like how it looks and functions. as you can probably tell by now I'm torn so I could use some help.

oil dilution issue fixed for 2019 and beyond

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
oil dilution issue fixed for 2019 and beyond
I am not entirely sure about it. I have 2019 Civic Si and I get little fuel smell in oil. I always change my oil when MMI says 40% life or based on my miles. Mostly 6500 miles between oil changes just to be safe

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I am not entirely sure about it. I have 2019 Civic Si and I get little fuel smell in oil. I always change my oil when MMI says 40% life or based on my miles. Mostly 6500 miles between oil changes just to be safe
I'm not sure either, that's the news i heard. I change my oil at 30% each time, using mobile 1 ..etc. I'm almost at 30k miles, i'm going to do a Blackstone oil analysis.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
My in-laws have a 2018 Accord EX with leather. They love it. No issues with the 1.5T for them. They have the CVT. I love how nimble my Civic is. Test drive them both and see which one speaks to you.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I drove both models in 2017, so it's a bit different of a take... I had driven touring versions of the Civic and I don't remember which Accord (though I was itching for a 2 door v6). The Civic was nice for the price, but not go-karty like I was looking for (coming from a grandma-ey Mercury Sable) and the Accord seemed refined but also huge. As I thought about it for a couple months I eventually saw an Si on the road and went and drove and bought one a few days later. I can appreciate the more buttoned down Accord and the infotainment is nice to look at but the car wasn't fun.

Now, 3 years later, my wife just bought a 2020 Honda Passport and some of it's features, though bigger, are similar to the Accord and I'm kind of envious. I've driven my Si hard and in the corners it's lots of fun, but I've started thinking about an Accord again. Maybe I need to go drive the one that shares the Type R engine, but I haven't seen anything miraculous about it. If I thought I could toss the Accord around like the Si I'd be very tempted...

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure either, that's the news i heard. I change my oil at 30% each time, using mobile 1 ..etc. I'm almost at 30k miles, i'm going to do a Blackstone oil analysis.
I sent all 3 samples to Blackstone. Oil changed at 6k intervals 50%mm. First one was <0.5%, fuel dilution, next two were <0.1%

I vote si for sure but be sure to test them both! They're both great cars.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
You shouldn’t run into the oil dilution issue with the turbos in California. Mostly a cold climate, short commute/low km issue where owners won’t commit to letting the car run for a minute or two before taking off. Save the manuals!
I wouldn't even worry about that. Mine has 85k miles, cold climate, I never wait after starting it even in winter. It could blow at 86k of course but no issues so far.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I would like to hear from someone that has tried the Accord 2.0L with manual transmission. That would be my optional choice over the SI but I can't find one near me to test. I did like the SI though but it wasn't the color I wanted and it sold quickly.
Sponsored