2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Well... "problem" is right. :)
Do you remember what sort of major pain in the ass it used to be to find a place you've never been to (compared to something like Google Maps)?! Spending at least a few minutes before the trip to figure out the route in general, looking for various recognizable landmarks (if any), slowing down before every road crossing to read the street name on the sign (if there even is one), pulling over to figure out where the hell you are after accidentally missing a turn...
I for one don't miss that sort of "adventure" in the slightest.
Whaaa? You mean there is a better way than this to navigate yourself??? :D hahaha.. Embarrassingly, I admit that THIS is how I still get around new areas. :oops::oops: Firstly, I don't own a smart phone(or nav). Most importantly, I would rather take the convoluted back roads away from traffic to get somewhere rather than the main roads they tell me to take. Gosh, I am so backwards....

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
Whaaa? You mean there is a better way than this to navigate yourself??? :D hahaha.. Embarrassingly, I admit that THIS is how I still get around new areas. :oops::oops: Firstly, I don't own a smart phone(or nav). Most importantly, I would rather take the convoluted back roads away from traffic to get somewhere rather than the main roads they tell me to take. Gosh, I am so backwards....

Yep. Flip phone here too. I have upgraded from buying a map in the gas station to printing directions via mapquest though :)

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Yep. Flip phone here too. I have upgraded from buying a map in the gas station to printing directions via mapquest though :)
My buddy! Exploring new back roads, I WRITE turn by turn. Most of the time, I take routes that are numbered so it's not bad. I rarely get lost, but on those rare occasion that I do, at least I have this thing that can call people. :D

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I would rather take the convoluted back roads away from traffic to get somewhere rather than the main roads they tell me to take.
Actually it had taken me back roads I've never been on most of the time instead of the better-known ones, and precisely because they have less traffic at the time... But, I understand. I have friends who don't use credit cards, etc. It's all good. You weirdos. :D

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
My buddy! Exploring new back roads, I WRITE turn by turn. Most of the time, I take routes that are numbered so it's not bad. I rarely get lost, but on those rare occasion that I do, at least I have this thing that can call people. :D
I bet these kids don't even know which way north is without their phones to tell em :D

MaineDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual, 2012 CR-V
Country flag
A lot of people don't want to hear this argument...they look at the power numbers that EX-T's are making with tunes and say there is "no difference" between the two cars...

For the price difference (MSRP of course) if you're looking for a Civic right now and want a manual trans, the choice between the EX-T and the Si is a no brainer...you're getting WAY more car for less than 2 grand...

I think there is some that are doing a lot of downplaying simply to justify the previous purchase of EX-T's, mixed with some buyers remorse...

Anyone being honest and really into performance would admit that even if the maximum tuning potential of both motors are identical (shouldn't be the case), the Si is a MUCH better platform to start from than the EX-T considering the minimal cost difference

I am quite happy with my EX-T 6-speed manual. Had the Si been a 2.0 liter, I might have been tempted to wait. But in truth, I prefer the more comfortable tires and suspension, would be embarrassed to drive a car with that silly WING on the back, and I have no boy-racer fantasies of ever taking my car "to the track."

As it is, I can't decide whether the EX-T 6-speed manual is an Economy Car with LOTS of extra power; or a fun, peppy car that gets amazing mileage.

(Regarding mileage: with 3,500 miles of mixed driving, my composite mpg is now 41.6).

Very satisfied with the purchase.

Reactions: jms

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I am quite happy with my EX-T 6-speed manual. Had the Si been a 2.0 liter, I might have been tempted to wait. But in truth, I prefer the more comfortable tires and suspension, would be embarrassed to drive a car with that silly WING on the back, and I have no boy-racer fantasies of ever taking my car "to the track."

As it is, I can't decide whether the EX-T 6-speed manual is an Economy Car with LOTS of extra power; or a fun, peppy car that gets amazing mileage.

(Regarding mileage: with 3,500 miles of mixed driving, my composite mpg is now 41.6).

Very satisfied with the purchase.
you're not the target market for the Si, which is perfectly fine...my post was clearly intended for those in the "my EX-T with a tune makes more power than the lame Si" crowd...

you're proud of your 41.6mpg...not the overall performance of the car...thats fine

MaineDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual, 2012 CR-V
Country flag
you're not the target market for the Si, which is perfectly fine...my post was clearly intended for those in the "my EX-T with a tune makes more power than the lame Si" crowd...

you're proud of your 41.6mpg...not the overall performance of the car...thats fine

You Get It! Though the performance is quite nice. Yesterday I was on a twisty Maine back road, slogging along behind some clown going 35 - 40 in a 55 zone. When I finally had the chance to pass, I dropped to 3rd, TROMPED the gas and blew past them. I was going 78 and laughed out loud! Fun car! Honda got it right!!

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
same here in vegas (June 9th)
Yeah. I've been trading emails with my dealer. Trying to act disinterested. I don't HAVE to buy now, but my 2000 Si needs tires soon, an oil change, the exhaust rattles, and some bushings I had replaced in the rear still sound "off". Seventeen year-old cars have issues. Love the VTEC sound, but the NVH, repair needs and lack of torque are tiring.

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si

Really good track review. You can really hear the car in this one. By the end this guy is in love lol

Last edited:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah. I've been trading emails with my dealer. Trying to act disinterested. I don't HAVE to buy now, but my 2000 Si needs tires soon, an oil change, the exhaust rattles, and some bushings I had replaced in the rear still sound "off". Seventeen year-old cars have issues. Love the VTEC sound, but the NVH, repair needs and lack of torque are tiring.
Right on point. It has been SO hard to act disinterested, especially when the car hasn't even arrived yet. I keep thinking, oh my god if I don't lay my deposit now, someone will do it instead. I had a dealer call me saying another person had backed out, so clearly people are disappointed here in Vegas (lot of nice cars here). Problem is the color I want (white) seems to be a rare color for some odd reason and only one will be here by July.

With that said, I'm heading to the dealer to drop my deposit... :p Going to see how low the second dealer will go and use that to haggle the price of the one I really want.
Sponsored