Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
In 6th gear? That looks pretty damn spot on to my spreadsheet Being just a hair under 2800 rpm
I think he meant it as confirmation that the sheet was correct! Honestly the 200 rpm difference in the gearing change doesnt look to bad once you see it on paper

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Yes. That was in 6th gear and a level highway.

Frankirap

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic
Country flag
CLUTCH FAILURE
I JUST PURCHSED A NEW 2020 HONDA CIVIC SI FROM ATLANTIC HONDA BAYSHORE NEW YORK IT IS 8 WEEKS OLD AND HAS 2500 MILES ON IT AND THE CLUTCH, FLYWHEEL, PRESSURE PLATE FAILED. BEFORE THE DEALER EVEN SAW MY CAR OR NEW WHAT COLOR MY CAR WAS THE SERVICE MANAGER BASICALLY TOLD MY HONDA WILL NOT COVER THE REPAIR AND IT WAS A $4000 JOB BECAUSE IT WAS CAUSED BY ABUSE AND LACK OF KNOWING HOW TO DRIVE. THE HONDA WARRANTY IS 5 YEARS 60000 MILES ON DRIVETRAIN THERE WAS ANOTHER CIVIC ON THE LIFT WITH 3900 MILES ON IT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I THEN SEARCHED THE NET AND FOUND MANY OWNERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ONE CAR ONLY HAVING 10 MILES ON IT AND NEEDED TO BE TOWED BACK TO DEALER. CHRIS ALSO STATED THAT IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND THEY NEVER COVER IT.i SO I THEN SAID WHAT IS THE COMMAN DENOMINATOR THE CAR OR ALL THE DRIVERS. I MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO HONDA MET WITH THE REP AND EVEN SPOKE TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES THEY OFFERED NO HELP AND DIDNT COVER THEIR 5 YEAR 60000 MILE WARRANTY. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING LEGAL ACTION. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DONT USE ATLANTIC HONDA OF BUY A HONDA. THERE IS ALSO A VALVE ON THE CAR THAT IS CALLED A CLUTCH DELAY VALVE WHICH ACTUALLY MAKE MAKES CLUTCH SLIP LOOK INTO IT. PLEASE IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE HELP THE CAUSE AND START THE PROCESS WITH HONDA TRUST ME THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
CLUTCH FAILURE
I JUST PURCHSED A NEW 2020 HONDA CIVIC SI FROM ATLANTIC HONDA BAYSHORE NEW YORK IT IS 8 WEEKS OLD AND HAS 2500 MILES ON IT AND THE CLUTCH, FLYWHEEL, PRESSURE PLATE FAILED. BEFORE THE DEALER EVEN SAW MY CAR OR NEW WHAT COLOR MY CAR WAS THE SERVICE MANAGER BASICALLY TOLD MY HONDA WILL NOT COVER THE REPAIR AND IT WAS A $4000 JOB BECAUSE IT WAS CAUSED BY ABUSE AND LACK OF KNOWING HOW TO DRIVE. THE HONDA WARRANTY IS 5 YEARS 60000 MILES ON DRIVETRAIN THERE WAS ANOTHER CIVIC ON THE LIFT WITH 3900 MILES ON IT WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I THEN SEARCHED THE NET AND FOUND MANY OWNERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM ONE CAR ONLY HAVING 10 MILES ON IT AND NEEDED TO BE TOWED BACK TO DEALER. CHRIS ALSO STATED THAT IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND THEY NEVER COVER IT.i SO I THEN SAID WHAT IS THE COMMAN DENOMINATOR THE CAR OR ALL THE DRIVERS. I MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO HONDA MET WITH THE REP AND EVEN SPOKE TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICES THEY OFFERED NO HELP AND DIDNT COVER THEIR 5 YEAR 60000 MILE WARRANTY. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING LEGAL ACTION. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DONT USE ATLANTIC HONDA OF BUY A HONDA. THERE IS ALSO A VALVE ON THE CAR THAT IS CALLED A CLUTCH DELAY VALVE WHICH ACTUALLY MAKE MAKES CLUTCH SLIP LOOK INTO IT. PLEASE IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS ISSUE HELP THE CAUSE AND START THE PROCESS WITH HONDA TRUST ME THEY KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME
Post a pic of the service work order. I am curious to see why they are saying it's not covered.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I don’t abuse any of my cars. I can agree the stock clutch has a light pedal feel but I am at 31k and no issues.
Any pictures of the damaged parts?

Frankirap

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic
Country flag
Post a pic of the service work order. I am curious to see why they are saying it's not covered.[/QUOTE

This is not my first rodeo. This car was not abused in anyway or form. When I test drove the car it had 29 miles on it I cannot speak for them however I told the salesman that the clutch felt strange , his response was it was turbo lag. I have owned manual shift cars all my life and have never had a problem this is an 8 week old honda civic with 2500 miles on it. before the manager even saw the car he had his mind made up said he sees it all the time. There was another si on the rack with 3900 same problem. Honda has an issue and is ducking a recall. Thanks for the help but many people are having the same problems one with 10 miles on it. Don't get me wrong I love the car so far but this is totally unacceptable. Honda is giving me zero support and its going too arbitration. I had two outside 3rd parties look at it and said no way they should not honor the warranty.
""""HELP"""

Frankirap

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic
Country flag
With all do respect on principle alone the car is 8 weeks old 2500 miles they should have honored a 5 year 60000 mile warranty

Frankirap

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic
Country flag
I don’t abuse any of my cars. I can agree the stock clutch has a light pedal feel but I am at 31k and no issues.
Any pictures of the damaged parts?
Yes I have pictures i'm a little new on the site and not that familiar yet.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
With all do respect on principle alone the car is 8 weeks old 2500 miles they should have honored a 5 year 60000 mile warranty
We heard your side of your story. Now let's hear the dealership/Honda's side of it. I would imagine they would have to prove the parts were damaged due to abuse if they are not willing to replace them under warranty. Post a pic of the work service order so we can exactly what they said.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
CLUTCH FAILURE
Turn off the caps lock, and your post will be much easier to read as a need instead of a furious rant.

I test drove a stock 2019 Si with 20 miles on it. I gave it a little throttle in 6th gear on the interstate going 70mph, and the clutch slipped! I tried it again a couple minutes later to see if I was crazy, and it slipped again. I told the salesman, babied the car back to the dealership, and was shocked. I was not remotely abusing this car, just passing in traffic. The OEM clutch should be able to stand up to this.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Turn off the caps lock, and your post will be much easier to read as a need instead of a furious rant.

I test drove a stock 2019 Si with 20 miles on it. I gave it a little throttle in 6th gear on the interstate going 70mph, and the clutch slipped! I tried it again a couple minutes later to see if I was crazy, and it slipped again. I told the salesman, babied the car back to the dealership, and was shocked. I was not remotely abusing this car, just passing in traffic. The OEM clutch should be able to stand up to this.
2017 Si here have had since brand new for 2 and a half years almost, almost 27K miles on the clock and never had a slip both when stock and now Hondata +6 tuned. It seems like these 10th gen Si's are not all built equally, almost as if it comes down to the luck of the draw whether you get one with a weak clutch or one that holds up.

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
This thread has taken so many turns.

Curious to hear more about this since I should be in the market for a 2020 Si soon.