Civic Si press reviews (dates and links) compilation

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
That was great; thanks.

Wondering where they put the mic for the 4:41 - 6:25 part? Are these sounds actually heard like that on the outside where the camera was attached (i.e. a rear passenger can hear them with an opened window), or did they place the mic somewhere deeper inside/closer to the "live" parts?
Sponsored

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
Digital Trends -

"Ultimately, there’s little doubt that plenty of budget-minded performance enthusiasts will take the plunge on a new Civic Si and subsequently have a blast on their favorite back roads and local autocross courses while not breaking the bank to do so. In regards to this segment, one could argue that accessibility is just as important as capability."

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/honda-civic-si-first-drive/

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I think I'm reading different reviews than many people calling the car a "dud" or similar...

For example, Motortrend and Car and Driver, I felt were very positive in their opinions about the car...

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I'm reading different reviews than many people calling the car a "dud" or similar...
It's all about perspective. This car is meant to provide a sportier ride than the EX-T/Touring for not much more money. It offers more reliability and more features at a far cheaper price point than faster less well appointed compacts. In that, it's a good deal. I'll wait for the comparisons to pass my actual judgement and a test drive of course :D

But honestly, it's kind of disappointing. I know Honda could have offered the 2.0T ~250hp with all the amenities they've included and sold it for much less than what Ford asks for a fully kitted Focus ST or for what VW asks for the Golf GTI Autobahn. That would have been something.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Still waiting on Honda Pro Jason to release his review:stirthepot:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si press reviews (dates and links) compilation Honda Pro Edit

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Jeff over at TOV posted his impressions of the SI.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=1319633
I think the throttle response issue can definitely be fixed by an ECU tune - it sounds like Honda still tuned it very conservatively for the sake of lower emissions and higher MPG ratings.

I wonder if an ECU tune can actually load 2 maps - be interesting to see if this is possible, to update the non-Sport and Sport maps.

If some people are on the fence - wait a few months for the tune maps and support to become available and see what those do, and you'll get the car for less than MSRP too. This 10th gen is almost too good to screw up, I'm sure a tune will correct a lot of the powertrain drawbacks. Exhaust/engine note - I'm sure some people would actually prefer the subdued less noisy version being offered up.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
It seems hardly any of you guys are mentioning style, which I don't understand at all. Keeping in mind that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, the Honda Civic is a much better looking car than the Focus, and Volkswagen. I think the SI is the whole package as far as decent performance, price, styling and reliability. I made it 230k on the original clutch with my 08 SI. Who knows what type of electronic bullshit would have failed if it were a VW, or what mechanical failure had it been a Ford. I understand most of you guys might be underwhelmed when compared to the power and torque of the VWs and Fords; makes perfect sense. But for a loaded GTI (which some of you claim to go for over 30k; I wouldn't know because I would never look twice at one), you could hypothetically buy a CTR for several thousand more, with close to 100 more HP. So, my thought is buy the CTR if you don't like the power. From a marketing standpoint, Honda isn't making the SI to necessarily compete with the GTI and ST, although they are in the same category. Putting myself in their shoes, they are trying to sell a performance oriented, reliable car for under 25k, which is what they've accomplished. This also makes a great platform from which to tune the car, the true sign of what a 'hot rod' has always been. So, I think some people need to look at the bigger picture of where Honda is coming from, instead of blindly criticizing them because you didn't get as much horsepower or torque as you would have liked. The SI has never been about that. Its an 'everyman's car'. Sorry. There's plenty of more powerful cars, but in my opinion, the SI is the whole package.

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
I keep reading all these reviews and they all tell me I want this all purpose reliable plenty of fun but not enough fun to kill yourself wrapping around a telephone pole car.

At this pre driving it for myself point I think the only thing I don't like about it is the spoiler on the sedan - would look a bit less over stated/trying too hard without it. But that's a minor quibble.

OP
OP

piatikantrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
I keep reading all these reviews and they all tell me I want this all purpose reliable plenty of fun but not enough fun to kill yourself wrapping around a telephone pole car.

At this pre driving it for myself point I think the only thing I don't like about it is the spoiler on the sedan - would look a bit less over stated/trying too hard without it. But that's a minor quibble.
Does anybody know at what speeds that wing is actually useful on the si? It should be possible to take it off and plug the holes.

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX