Changed to EBC brakes and now have brake noise while coasting at low speeds.

Bash95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Hi all. I have a 2017 civic ex and changed the brakes about 2 months ago with ebc yellow pads and rotors.

While the braking performance is greatly improved, I’m having an issue. I am noticing a high pitched metallic noise that sounds like it’s happening on rotation when braking to low speeds (ie below 15 mph) after I release the brakes. Essentially this noise happens when braking to low a speed and coasting and is only coming from the front. No noise when brakes are applied and it goes away once I speed back up past 15 mph.

I did the work myself, but have changed countless brakes before.

Initially, I had just changed the pads since my rotors were in great shape. I thought that they might actually warped after hearing the noise so I changed them. Did not resolve.

I redid the brakes adding lube to contact points between the pad and caliper/shims. Did not resolve.

I changed the shims but again that did not resolve.

Pistons seem fine and don’t show signs of being stuck.

At this point I’m at a loss. I drive in traffic a lot and can’t stand sounding like an old semi or drawing attention in parking lots.

Any ideas or suggestions.
Sponsored

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
They can make a little noise sometime at low rpm depending on mat friction. Seems normal...
Sponsored