Changed front structs and now getting brake, traction control, TPMS and power steering errors!

CivicInIowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Installed new front structs on my 2017 Civic sedan. Noticed the steering alignment is way off but was plannning on a front end alignment. More concerning is all the brake, traction control, TPMS errors, power steering errors now occuring on startup. The brake system light is amber. I was trying to be careful with the brake wires but of course trying to manhandle the shock back into the knuck anything could happen. I didn't see the wires come out for sure.

Where should I start. Do you think a steering alignment would help. The steering wheel is no longer centered.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you disconnect the battery or any wires? If so, drive the car a couple of minutes . Usually the errors go away once all the computers reset.

OP
OP

CivicInIowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you disconnect the battery or any wires? If so, drive the car a couple of minutes . Usually the errors go away once all the computers reset.
I did not disconnect anything on purpose. I'm getting the car aligned today. I'm hoping because the car is so misaligned that this causing a sensor to report an error.

OP
OP

CivicInIowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Installed new front structs on my 2017 Civic sedan. Noticed the steering alignment is way off but was plannning on a front end alignment. More concerning is all the brake, traction control, TPMS errors, power steering errors now occuring on startup. The brake system light is amber. I was trying to be careful with the brake wires but of course trying to manhandle the shock back into the knuck anything could happen. I didn't see the wires come out for sure.

Where should I start. Do you think a steering alignment would help. The steering wheel is no longer centered.

Thanks!
Got the code now from AutoZone -- C0051-62 -- Steering Angle Sensor Stack Malfunction