CarPlay insists on defaulting to Pandora

paulz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happens to me too. Also had to delete pandora (I use spotify). Another annoying problem I've encountered is that say i watch a video on my phone and forgot to go back to spotify then I plug my phone into apple car play - the preloaded U2 album plays! So annoying. Anyone know how to make that stop and just make apple car play default to spotify?
Sponsored

beatlbill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I talked to a senior level Applecare support. He recommended turning off cellular data for pandora and then reconnecting my phone to the car. That seemed to do it for now.

streetwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
I tried turning to cellular my pandora started up again. I googled it. This seems to have been a ongoing issue

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I thought I was the only one having this issue. I am gonna delete Pandora because I hardly listen to it. Very, very annoying.

TFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
The last few days whenever I turn the car off and get out, my iPhone 7 starts playing Pandora, even if I haven't been using the app. The only way I can get it to stop is to open up the app, double tap the home button and swipe the app off. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?
Same thing on my Android. Can't stop it from self-starting either. I just deleted Pandora because I left for lunch at work, leaving my phone at my desk. Get back and Pandora's playing. W.T.F.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I talked to a senior level Applecare support. He recommended turning off cellular data for pandora and then reconnecting my phone to the car. That seemed to do it for now.
This is what I did and it's worked. I don't have unlimited data so this was doubly important for me. After turning off cellular data for Pandora, it no longer loaded. It's not the solution that's needed, but at least it stopped opening for me.

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
My wife experiences this problem. I use Android auto and have no issue. I'm surprised the Android integration is actually better than apple. (IMO)

mcw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Ditto. However, it randomly stopped doing it for me. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Pandora update that was pushed on the 14th.

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It doesn't have to do with CarPlay. I have CarPlay disabled and my Pandora app was doing this as well over Bluetooth. It was super annoying. I hadn't opened Pandora in several months probably, but it started playing every time I turned my car on.

I deleted Pandora and have had no more issues.

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Pandora starts up and plays everytime I plug in my iphone...
It's annoying but not the end of the world annoying...
Hopefully, someone will post a fix or walk around...

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Pandora starts up and plays everytime I plug in my iphone...
It's annoying but not the end of the world annoying...
Hopefully, someone will post a fix or walk around...
i deleted pandora :D

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
2016 EX-T

I have an issue where once I plug in my phone into the car (usb front plug) Pandora starts to play! Everytime. Why is it so hung up on Pandora.

ALSO, why does the system default to a black screen and a notice about the phone not being connected? Why doesn't it just go to the home page of the system?
I fixed that by deleting Pandora. Problem solved!
Sponsored