The proper sequence for exiting Pandora in Carplay and going to other formats [XM, FM, etc.]

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

This is my first post on the Civic X Forum. I had been an Accord owner for many years and just leased a 2016 Civic Touring, which I love!
My question is, when I'm listening to Pandora via Apple Carplay and I want to exit Pandora and go to another source such as XM, FM, etc., what is the proper sequence and which buttons do I use to get there? I am a senior and find it difficult sometimes to navigate around. Can someone please give me a bullet point by point sequence to make this work?
Also, using Pandora via Apple Carplay [I have an IPhone 6], shouldn't I be getting the album art? All I get is the song name and artist.
Thanks to all for your help and I'm happy to be part of this excellent and informative forum.
Mitch
Sponsored

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Use the up and down arrow on the steering wheel. You will see the source change on the driver interface in front of you.

For me sometimes pandora art is slow and sometimes don't load. It's more on pandora than CarPlay. I have my audio set to high quality. Pandora rather have songs play with no pause or less buffering experience so it will download and load art last so it can buff out some of the song. Places with poor reception I notice the art will not even load at all.

OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Anekin. I've never had my Pandora album artwork display! Is your audio set to high quality on the car setting or the IPhone? I do have mine set to high quality on the phone, but I have to check the car audio setting.
When you exit Pandora to get to another source, do you just use the pause button on Pandora first to stop the play, then go to home screen or use the steering wheel button to change sources?

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Thanks Anekin. I've never had my Pandora album artwork display! Is your audio set to high quality on the car setting or the IPhone? I do have mine set to high quality on the phone, but I have to check the car audio setting.
When you exit Pandora to get to another source, do you just use the pause button on Pandora first to stop the play, then go to home screen or use the steering wheel button to change sources?
Pandora or any music app will show a black background with a very very faint image of the album art. Took me over a week to notice this. Most of the time it just looks like a black background unless you stare at it long enough. I find the album art more noticeable in the driver interface. If you press the menu button on the steering wheel select the music icon and it will show the album art in the interface in front of you. Switch out of CarPlay will pause any audio playing so you can resume if you decide to switch back. The driver should have very little interaction with the screen itself. Most stuff can be controlled at the steering wheel or by voice.
Sponsored