Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Here's another weird thing. It shows quite a bit of sunlight through at one of the couplers. It's outside of the orings so it shouldn't matter in theory. But the bottom is flush. And yes, I tried tightening the top first also and still same result. I think maybe the bolt they provided us too long and is bottoming out before it can pull it in tighter?

Honda Civic 10th gen Car feels slower after fmic IMG_20210313_133732588_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Why don't you try putting on a KTuner basemap just to rule out issues with the tune? If you still have similar problems then you know somethings up with your install and you can contact PRL.
I have the car apart right now. Car ran great with the tune and the cai before I installed the intercooler.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the car apart right now. Car ran great with the tune and the cai before I installed the intercooler.
So then there's definitely an issue with your install. Are you sure you were given the right charge pipe couplers? Seems like there's two versions depending on if you're using stock or PRL charge pipes.

Based on the instructions the ones for PRL pipes come with O rings and the ones that reuse the stock charge pipes reuse your original O rings. So if they came pre-installed...?

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
So then there's definitely an issue with your install. Are you sure you were given the right charge pipe couplers? Seems like there's two versions depending on if you're using stock or PRL charge pipes
I'm gonna try to use a shorter bolt to hopefully pull that coupler flush. I think they provided too long of a bolt.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm gonna try to use a shorter bolt to hopefully pull that coupler flush. I think they provided too long of a bolt.
Contact PRL. I'm pretty confident at this point you have the wrong adapters.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I don't think it would install at all if it was the wrong adapters. They would be completely different.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Well, I used a shorter bolt. It's a little better but there's still a gap which I feel there shouldn't be since there isn't on the bottom.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car feels slower after fmic IMG_20210313_135134164_HDR

Rahat083144

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Accord CL9, 2016 Honda Civic 1.5T, 2020 Kia Sportage
Country flag
I don't think it would install at all if it was the wrong adapters. They would be completely different.
Yes they r completely different. The ones in your pic are the factory charge pipe adapters and they do indeed come with O rings pre installed, even though the PRL instructions ask you to reuse the factory O rings.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Off a dragy so very accurate. Seems like it must be running about right for the tune and mods I have

Honda Civic 10th gen Car feels slower after fmic Screenshot_20210313-190813

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I think so. Power feels better. Gas mileage went up a little bit. Only weird thing is my stft is staying fairly high now like +12 at idle and up to +15 at cruising at 60. Ltft is still good.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
What do you guys idle at for stft? Like in park or neutral. Im thinking about putting the stock cooler back on

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think so. Power feels better. Gas mileage went up a little bit. Only weird thing is my stft is staying fairly high now like +12 at idle and up to +15 at cruising at 60. Ltft is still good.
Remember that short term trims can fluctuate wildly. Of course if you see some crazy high number, that's a concern. Concentrate more on LTFT. Are you consistently getting + fuel trims?

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Remember that short term trims can fluctuate wildly. Of course if you see some crazy high number, that's a concern. Concentrate more on LTFT. Are you consistently getting + fuel trims?
During driving I'd say everything is pretty normal. When I'm in park or neutral stft is steady sitting at +12. But if I'm in drive but not giving any throttle it's at 0.
Sponsored