Can someone confirm what I'm looking at? (CV boot/axle assembly)

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you know you have to take the whole thing off to replace the boot, yes?
they recommend a whole new axle when that's needed
if you just want to band-aid, there's plenty of 'split' boot fixes...those don't last long tho, but they'll get you buy if your axle is good, and you don't have to take your axle out!
just measure the small & big diameters and you'll find them on eBay, Amazon, etc...

OP
OP
lurker_j

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you know you have to take the whole thing off to replace the boot, yes?
they recommend a whole new axle when that's needed
if you just want to band-aid, there's plenty of 'split' boot fixes...those don't last long tho, but they'll get you buy if your axle is good, and you don't have to take your axle out!
just measure the small & big diameters and you'll find them on eBay, Amazon, etc...
Yeah I'm tracking the axle pull. I'm not worried about the axle being messed up since I caught the tear right when it happened and sealed the hole best I could from grime getting in. I'm just trying to figure out which boot assembly is the correct one from the picture. Because theres two "outer boots" and so is it one is left and one is right?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe they're the same, but yes #6 looks correct for the front outer driver's side
#5 is for the front passenger's side outer (you have to look @ the arrow w/ "FR" (front) on the diagram
Sponsored