First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Hey guys.

No problem here but a curiosity. I picked up my second '18 FC3 back in September and the OE exhaust feels a lot more active than the one on my previous FC3 did, with a bit more aggressive exhaust note and a tiny bit of burble on low rpm decel similar to Euro fart. Upon inspecting the exhaust I found no clear evidence of damage, no clear evidence of aftermarket piping of any sort. Motor feels healthier than the old one, I just can't figure the burbles out. Sounds pretty sweet I just didn't think these cars really did that on the stock piping... Factory freak?
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Aftermarket catalyst, perhaps?
I see you have a Sky Redline!
I used to own a Solstice GXP.

Could be they did some stealth work on the exhaust.
Like drilling out the resonator or mufflers to make it sound better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Burble on Stock Exhaust? 5720460302_2582cce132_o

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys.

No problem here but a curiosity. I picked up my second '18 FC3 back in September and the OE exhaust feels a lot more active than the one on my previous FC3 did, with a bit more aggressive exhaust note and a tiny bit of burble on low rpm decel similar to Euro fart. Upon inspecting the exhaust I found no clear evidence of damage, no clear evidence of aftermarket piping of any sort. Motor feels healthier than the old one, I just can't figure the burbles out. Sounds pretty sweet I just didn't think these cars really did that on the stock piping... Factory freak?
Aftermarket catalyst, perhaps?
+1 definitely check for an aftermarket downpipe. It's easy to miss during a quick visual, since some of them retain factory heat shields.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Motor feels healthier than the old one, I just can't figure the burbles out.
Upon re-reading, this stands out to me, and it tracks with an aftermarket catalyst. The factory cat is the single most restrictive part of the turbo-back exhaust and replacing it with basically any available aftermarket pipe is a noticeable improvement.

I see you have a Sky Redline!
I used to own a Solstice GXP.

5720460302_2582cce132_o.jpg
Nice! Was yours auto or stick? Kappas are great little cars (typical GM foibles aside).

Honda Civic 10th gen Burble on Stock Exhaust? IMG_5342

Last edited:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Nice! Was yours auto or stick? Kappas are great little cars (typical GM foibles aside). I picked mine up a year ago with 7,000mi on the odo. Currently sits at 7,600 in my garage, covered and on a battery maintainer, since I refuse to expose it to rain, snow, or salt. It's absolutely rust free, and damnit I'm keeping it that way.

IMG_5342.jpeg
Mine was a manual.
My wheel bearing flange bolts loosened up after a few trips to the canyons.
Those bolts needed blue locktite to stay tight. Fast car in the canyons with traction control off.
On some twisty roads I could chase down motorcycles.

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys.

Probably has a downpipe and or front pipe

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Mine was a manual.
My wheel bearing flange bolts loosened up after a few trips to the canyons.
Those bolts needed blue locktite to stay tight. Fast car in the canyons with traction control off.
On some twisty roads I could chase down motorcycles.
Nice, mine is MT as well. I’ll check on those bolts when I get a chance.

But back on topic - OP, post some photos of your downpipe and frontpipe (if you can) and maybe we can let you know what you’ve got!

Last edited:

kendall_si

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
My car does this as well. It used to be occasionally but over time it’s become more noticeable, I can hear it a lot in first and reverse, and when I up shift I usually get a few small burbles. I actually posted a thread similar to yours a while back -https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/exhaust-stock-or-not.82533/ .The only thing different about my exhaust than factory is that my resonator is pretty far back in the exhaust, like underneath the back seats basically. Factory the resonator is more towards the front

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
My old '19 Si did the same thing. BUT it was a used car and the previous owner did have bolt-ons installed prior to trading it in. He reverted back to stock before trading, but for all I know, it could've had a modded/deleted cat or resonator. Did sound nice though.
Sponsored