Grizzly101

First Name
Savannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Looking to start putting a lot into my car within the next few months. What is the best mods to get the most power? I want all performance. Only thing I have right now is straight pipe from cats back, No mufflers. Open to all options. Also which is the best tuner I could buy. Cant decide between Ktuner or Hondata.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
KTuner is the best bang for the buck mod by far. Take a look at my tuning reliability thread. Hondata is the tuner of choice for most R owners, but for the 1.5T, KTuner in a landslide.

Last edited:

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
If you buy a Ktuner from Phearable, you get the Phaerable 1.5 tune for free. Just did this this last week on stock built. Pretty great bang for the buck, engine really wakes up.

CVTKiller

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
I run Ktuner with pherable 1.5 tune and run map 1 and 2 for daily and 3 for spirited driving and its excellent.

27 won has some great products, I found and I also like Map, they have good prices, There is a company I just found called unity performance and they got some good prices and decent selection.

this is a great thread to get started, i learned alot here thus far.
Ktuner and CAI is a good start, you have alot of others to pick from.

you can run just Down pipe FP AND TUNER and be golden. :) lol

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
aside from ktuner,

rear sway + endlinks and better tires.

tires make such a big difference with our factory LSD

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I run Ktuner with pherable 1.5 tune and run map 1 and 2 for daily and 3 for spirited driving and its excellent.

27 won has some great products, I found and I also like Map, they have good prices, There is a company I just found called unity performance and they got some good prices and decent selection.

this is a great thread to get started, i learned alot here thus far.
Ktuner and CAI is a good start, you have alot of others to pick from.

you can run just Down pipe FP AND TUNER and be golden. :) lol
We're here too! Feel free to ask any questions :)

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Iā€™m surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but the Acuity shift upgrades are excellent, and were recommended to me by a ton of people when I made a thread on here as well!
I like the CTR shifter with Acuity upgrades (spring, bushings and rocker arm -- you don't need the Acuity short shift adapter as the CTR one is already a short shifter).

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
one thing to note is the 2020+ type R shifter is the one you want, its more "shorter throw" than the earlier year models. - however if you want the "shortest throw", an Si shifter with the Stage 2 shift kit that includes the short throw adapter, will yield the shortest throw. I went with the 2020 Type R shifter without using the adapter and I'm happy.

Edit: I used the 2020+ Type R shifter with the Stage 2 Acuity shift kit ( without the Adaptor extention piece that bolts onto the bottom of the linkage ) - they sell both kits with and without that adapter, so depending how far you want to take it and which one you have, up to you.

Last edited:

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Besides everything mentioned, i also saw a big difference when i installed a better intercooler. The stock one got heatsoaked pretty quickly especially when tuned

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
one thing to note is the 2020+ type R shifter is the one you want, its more "shorter throw" than the earlier year models. - however if you want the "shortest throw", an Si shifter with the Stage 2 shift kit that includes the short throw adapter, will yield the shortest throw. I went with the 2020 Type R shifter without using the adapter and I'm happy.

Edit: I used the 2020+ Type R shifter with the Stage 2 Acuity shift kit ( without the Adaptor extention piece that bolts onto the bottom of the linkage ) - they sell both kits with and without that adapter, so depending how far you want to take it and which one you have, up to you.
Totally agree. Literally, just posted, yet again ?, about how wonderful what I call the 'Acuity Stage 2+R' upgrade is.