redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
They had such sick deals last year for PRL. I don't think they're going to match it this year. But you could get an intercooler kit for ~ $530 last BF. I ended up doing DP/FP for about the same price. I don't have the Acuity short shifter, and that's not something I'd do, but everything Acuity is first rate so I'm sure it is good. I have the bushings, shift knob, and pedal spacer from them. The low hanging fruit.
yea that must be the reason why they don’t have any discounts on the inter coolers. Just checked their site and it’s listed at $649, but saw they had the type-r discounted at $584. Even the combo kit with charge pipes is at $849. I was really hoping they’d be having a sale on these because I really don’t want to pay that much for the intercooler and charge pipes.
I guess it might be decision time to choose either the intercooler or short shifter.
Do you not like short shifters? I’ve never had one before and this would be my first one.
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea that must be the reason why they don’t have any discounts on the inter coolers. Just checked their site and it’s listed at $649, but saw they had the type-r discounted at $584. Even the combo kit with charge pipes is at $849. I was really hoping they’d be having a sale on these because I really don’t want to pay that much for the intercooler and charge pipes.
I guess it might be decision time to choose either the intercooler or short shifter.
Do you not like short shifters? I’ve never had one before and this would be my first one.
I just don’t want to rip out the whole center console and don’t have any particular issues with the shifter as is. Not where I want to devote time and money but sure it’s good.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clutch for sure, clutch is gonna go out before the motor does like everyone else is saying. That’s my next mod and I only have prl catted dp and sri with the tsp1. My clutch slips a little in 3rd and 4th and I’m at 6k miles. Granted I do drive the hell out of it since that’s why I got it. Just something to really consider to make our drivetrains weak point, not a factor anymore and enjoy really enjoy it.

Your motor will be fine by the way and so will your warranty. If something were to happen, they’d have to prove the modifications caused it. They also don’t have to know about them either :nixon:

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Clutch for sure, clutch is gonna go out before the motor does like everyone else is saying. That’s my next mod and I only have prl catted dp and sri with the tsp1. My clutch slips a little in 3rd and 4th and I’m at 6k miles. Granted I do drive the hell out of it since that’s why I got it. Just something to really consider to make our drivetrains weak point, not a factor anymore and enjoy really enjoy it.

Your motor will be fine by the way and so will your warranty. If something were to happen, they’d have to prove the modifications caused it. They also don’t have to know about them either :nixon:
That will definitely be on my todo list for sure, but probably not any time soon because I don’t really push the clutch very hard in the car. I’m also assuming that will take the most research too because I’ve seen a TON of different recommendations for clutches. Which one did you decide to go with?

Yea I love that nifty little law that requires them to prove it Yea the only mods they would know right off the bat is the exhaust (obviously) and then once they pop the hood their gonna see that PRL CAI staring them right in the face haha.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That will definitely be on my todo list for sure, but probably not any time soon because I don’t really push the clutch very hard in the car. I’m also assuming that will take the most research too because I’ve seen a TON of different recommendations for clutches. Which one did you decide to go with?

Yea I love that nifty little law that requires them to prove it Yea the only mods they would know right off the bat is the exhaust (obviously) and then once they pop the hood their gonna see that PRL CAI staring them right in the face haha.
I’m waiting for the ACT one to come out. Don’t have the patience to try and get a ctr retrofit or the $1600 for it haha I work at a dealer I did some asking about mods and warranty and they said I’ll be fine haha

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m waiting for the ACT one to come out. Don’t have the patience to try and get a ctr retrofit or the $1600 for it haha I work at a dealer I did some asking about mods and warranty and they said I’ll be fine haha
When is that one supposed to come out? oh ok that makes me feel A LOT better because I’d hate if something happened and they gave me push back on my mods or anything on them. But I feel like they should know people that buy these cars are gonna mod them some way some how. One less thing to have anxiety about ha

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When is that one supposed to come out? oh ok that makes me feel A LOT better because I’d hate if something happened and they gave me push back on my mods or anything on them. But I feel like they should know people that buy these cars are gonna mod them some way some how. One less thing to have anxiety about ha
I’ve heard many different things, some say this month, then I hear December then I hear early 2020. I’m babying the car now, or at least until I have an actual date. If something does happen, put it back to stock and then they really can’t say anything. That’s what one of our master techs said anyway haha
Sponsored