blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
hello 10th gen community let me tell you about my amazing experience with AWE and their amazing exhaust. first of all this exhaust is the perfect addition to our Si, sounds amazing, looks amazing, and can confirm without any payouts that there is ZERO drone at highway speed. Took my baby for a 3 hr highway drive up to the 1000 islands last weekend and it was quiet as a mouse when at 75MPH. On top of that the customer service I have received from John Voss at AWE has been some of the best customer service in my life. I had a few of there clamps fail on me during installation, John has sent me 4 total clamps at zero cost and a FREE hat as well. I wasn't paid by AWE for this review nor did i receive my exhaust for free.....this is legit the one of the best exhaust for this platform. If it wasn't for my wife opinion on wanting all black TIPS on the exhaust I would've ordered from @27won who has a great exhaust as well. @AWE thank you for making your first aftermarket exhaust for the civic platform, I am now a customer for life. If any of you guys have questions about the exhaust hit me up, even my wife loves it almost as much as the @ACUITY fully adjustable short shifter, her two favorite aftermarket upgrades so far.
Sponsored

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m about to buy the touring exhaust as well. Couple questions: how long was the lead time? And Do you have an aftermarket downpipe or did you connect it to the stock DP? I have the RV6 DP on order and I reached out to John about any possible mating issues between their exhaust and the DP. I don’t believe there will be one but I wanted to be sure.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m about to buy the touring exhaust as well. Couple questions: how long was the lead time? And Do you have an aftermarket downpipe or did you connect it to the stock DP? I have the RV6 DP on order and I reached out to John about any possible mating issues between their exhaust and the DP. I don’t believe there will be one but I wanted to be sure.
There won’t be any issues connecting to RV6 DP.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There won’t be any issues connecting to RV6 DP.
Doesn’t the RV6 downpipe neck down to a 2.5” pipe if you don’t use their front pipe? If so would that cause any sort of restriction? I’m highly considering this downpipe and the awe exhaust but prefer if the downpipe were a true 3” all the way through

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Doesn’t the RV6 downpipe neck down to a 2.5” pipe if you don’t use their front pipe? If so would that cause any sort of restriction? I’m highly considering this downpipe and the awe exhaust but prefer if the downpipe were a true 3” all the way through
Yeah...I'm curious about this too. Super annoying AWE made it so its inclusive of the FP and their exhaust won't mate with any other FP..I would've preferred to get the RV6 combo.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah...I'm curious about this too. Super annoying AWE made it so its inclusive of the FP and their exhaust won't mate with any other FP..I would've preferred to get the RV6 combo.
I might just eventually get the rv6 dp/fp combo and awe touring and modify the awe system so I can use the rv6 front pipe. I also asked awe about incorporating a modular front pipe design into a version 2 of the si exhaust and their reply was basically they’re not going to make a version 2 and not many people with an si will not use an aftermarket downpipe. I thought it would seem like a compelling option as a lot of people already have dp/fp combos and don’t want the money to go to waste, plus making the front pipe optional would further decrease the starting price making it even more compelling to buy into the awe brand.

OP
OP
blackie X

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I ordered mine from MAPerformance since I had some credit with them, I received the exhaust from them in about 9 business days. The exhaust will mate up to any downpipe.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I ordered mine from MAPerformance since I had some credit with them, I received the exhaust from them in about 9 business days. The exhaust will mate up to any downpipe.
Wow that’s fricken nice. I ordered mine straight from awe’s site and they said 40-45 days which I thought was excellent lead time lol I was expecting several months tbh

fc1_lani23

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 CD5
Country flag
I cannot for the life of me get the heatshield to adjust accordingly to the front pipe. So it rattles really loud on start up & from 1-2nd acceleration. Would be much appreciated if anyone had some tips!
Sponsored