Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My dudes, its been a good day, because for the first time in my life I have an aftermarket exhaust! Financial freedom really is the best part of being an adult.

Anyways, So today i finally installed my cat back exhaust for my 18 Si coupe. Vincent sent this bad boy over in literally a days time from my order. So props to them for taking care of us even in the midst of covid. So as everyone mentions the instructions were great, and had great pictures of everything that needed to be done. This isn't a complicated mod, but the pictures are still welcomed. I do want to share a few things for anyone trying to do this on your own:
  • Don't use deep sockets, instead use a 6 or 10 inch extender for your ratchet, because a deep socket will be in the way, and get stuck to the pipe that bolts to the front pipe.
  • You need a 17mm crescent wrench for the bolts that hold the muffle piece to the next pipe. there isn't room for a socket there. At least not with my craftsmen.
  • Silicone spray is your best friend for the hangars, don't skip this thinking it'll be fine. it won't be.
  • You have to have jack stands + ramps, and you really should have a decent jack to pick the car up. my flimsy 4500 capacity one was struggling to lift the car high enough. that lil fucker stressed me out.
Other than some of those minor changes I would've added to the instructions, it was a super easy process and probably only took me about 2 hours. reinstalling the new pieces was a total breeze with silicone spray, so i didn't need my jack to support any pipes while i put them in. If you've ever held a wrench, you can do this in your driveway no problem.

Now to the differences. First off, that first start up is Intoxicating. First gear is such a treat now because letting off throttle in first gives you very nice and throaty gurgles. I cannot hear it enough honestly. while were on the topic of 1st gear, if you go straight from stock to this cat back it changes the dynamic inside the car drastically. before winding out 1st gear was kind of annoying since the sound is pretty boomy and comes from the console it seems, but the second thing I noticed after the start-up-burbles was that my cabin engine noise is much smoother. it took the boomy annoying noise coming from my shifter, and the console, and gave me smooth throaty goodness with deep undertones that come from the back of the car where it should come from. This is less apparent in higher gears, but the trend of the sound being smoother in acceleration continues.

Something no one else had mentioned though was the whistle you get from the right side at high boost in high rpm. It's more noticeable in 3rd, and sounds like you're using a rocket engine. pretty wild, but I guess it has something to do with the side branch resonators. At first it freaked me out because I thought i had an exhaust leak and didn't torque down my bolts or something (which doesn't make sense) but I messaged Vincent and he explained it to me. Now that i know it's normal (and that i'm not a failure), i think it's pretty cool and makes the car sound a bit more unique. Another thing that may have been controversial with people is the exhaust tips, but man, they look so much better in person. they complement the car so well, I'm super happy with the look. As far as performance goes, I haven't really gotten on it, but I don't expect much difference since I didn't do the Dp or the Fp.

All in all I am very pleased with the experience from order to install and would highly recommend this exhaust. Sorry, but I don't plan on doing any video clips, because phones really just don't do any justice to the sound, and I don't have a good enough mic to really get it recorded.
Sponsored

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Nice write up, sir! Do you feel any other performance gains or benefits to having the exhaust?

Honestly just the burbles/sound alone has me excited about adding an aftermarket exhaust. You don’t have a dp/fp, right?

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love mine, currently I have it paired with a PRL v2 catted DP but I plan on getting a 27won catted DP along with 27won intake when they get the new maf sensor. Here is a little tunnel run for sound clip.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Nice write up, sir! Do you feel any other performance gains or benefits to having the exhaust?

Honestly just the burbles/sound alone has me excited about adding an aftermarket exhaust. You don’t have a dp/fp, right?
Nope! Sorry I should've included that.

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

I ended up recording a small clip when I wasn't moving. it's not as good as in person, but if you're wearing headphones it helps. if you wear some headphones you might hear the turbo spool a little thanks to the intake lol

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed my front pipe and back. Had a similar thought about the whistle! This set up sounds sweet!

OP
OP
Dan-O

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just installed my front pipe and back. Had a similar thought about the whistle! This set up sounds sweet!
Yeah dude, it's changed a bit since then too. It's way quieter now that it's been heat cycled. Zero drone, badass gurgles, great tone. I love this thing.
Sponsored