SamFK8

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8
Country flag
I currently have the AWE Touring exhaust and having issues with it moving too much. It gets pushed back to the point it comes off the hangers just before the rear resonator and tips, which in turn causes it to hit the most rear hangers and rattle like crazy. I have the stock rear motor mount, and thinking that changing that to something stiffer like the 27Won one might help. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
I have the same exact exhaust. Mine too we're hitting the hanger pointy pieces in the rear under the trunk. Since I plan on keeping my car for a very very long time I just ended up grinding down the pointy parts. For me the awe exhaust is the best sounding exhaust. Theres really no other fix i can see that will work. Now that the rattling is gone im in peace. Man was it loud in the car at a certain RPM and embarrassing and its gone now. Im using a hasport 76A (middle) RMM.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I currently have the AWE Touring exhaust and having issues with it moving too much. It gets pushed back to the point it comes off the hangers just before the rear resonator and tips, which in turn causes it to hit the most rear hangers and rattle like crazy. I have the stock rear motor mount, and thinking that changing that to something stiffer like the 27Won one might help. Anyone else have this issue?
Sounds like the joints may be slipped out too much. During install each joint should be fully bottomed out to ensure a proper fit.

When a system goes through head cycles it will naturally grow backwards slightly. We designed it with this growth in mind, so if it is installed correctly there should be no concerns with this.

If you need a hand getting it dialed in, feel free to shoot me a DM and I can loop customer support in as needed! 🤝

OP
OP

SamFK8

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8
Country flag
You're awesome Sara, I have spoke with customer service and they are sending out new clamps as well as the retainer pieces used for the track exhaust.