Apple CarPlay insanely loud phone ringer

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Does anyone know how to adjust / change the Apple CarPlay phone ringer? It's insanely loud when receiving a call.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ToofHurts

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
That I know; just the initial volume. Gives me a heart attack when it rings. Just wished I can lower the ring volume in a setup menu.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
That I know; just the initial volume. Gives me a heart attack when it rings. Just wished I can lower the ring volume in a setup menu.
That’s an iOS issue unfortunately. I forget if Siri is under the same volume settings, you could in theory activate Siri to change it too. Once changed, it should remain permanent.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Is the loud ass ringer a recent update? I don't recall the ringer being that loud until I was startled by it yesterday. I obviously lowered via knob, but I too would like to mitigate the issue before it has happened.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is the loud ass ringer a recent update? I don't recall the ringer being that loud until I was startled by it yesterday. I obviously lowered via knob, but I too would like to mitigate the issue before it has happened.
I'm not sure if it would work, but after you connect to CarPlay, go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Ringer and Alerts and see if adjusting that helps.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
I'm not sure if it would work, but after you connect to CarPlay, go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics > Ringer and Alerts and see if adjusting that helps.
I'll have to give this a try.