Anyone use Chemical Guys products?

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I first purchased my crystal black Touring I've been constantly emptying my local Walmart's stock of Meguiars Quik detailer sprays. Is Speed Wipe significantly better than the Meguiars quick detailers? I want to order some but I've been pretty happy with the Meguiars one
Sponsored

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As much as I love Chemical Guys products (and @timothyjay can vouch for me regarding my collection) I recently used Collinite 845 on my car, and I think I have found my new favorite wax/sealant. I was able to wash and clay bar my car yesterday, and I applied Collinite 845 with the Porter Cable 7424XP and a black finishing pad. The results were amazing. Easy to buff off since a thin coat was applied, and I barely used any product - a little really does go a long way. The shine is amazing. Just as if I used Butter Wet Wax or JetSeal.

Also, it rained overnight, and the water beading is crazy. I applied it on my windows as well, and water just flies right off. It's supposed to rain all weekend as well, but I'm hoping to get another coat of Collinite 845 applied just because :thumbsup:
I've been meaning to try this wax for ages lol. I have a pretty lengthy list of products I want to try but I'm afraid of what my wife will say if I recieve another box of detailing products in the mail

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As much as I love Chemical Guys products (and @timothyjay can vouch for me regarding my collection) I recently used Collinite 845 on my car, and I think I have found my new favorite wax/sealant. I was able to wash and clay bar my car yesterday, and I applied Collinite 845 with the Porter Cable 7424XP and a black finishing pad. The results were amazing. Easy to buff off since a thin coat was applied, and I barely used any product - a little really does go a long way. The shine is amazing. Just as if I used Butter Wet Wax or JetSeal.

Also, it rained overnight, and the water beading is crazy. I applied it on my windows as well, and water just flies right off. It's supposed to rain all weekend as well, but I'm hoping to get another coat of Collinite 845 applied just because :thumbsup:
Yes, I've used the Collinite 845 as well with excellent results! It's easy to use and beads water like crazy!

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Since I first purchased my crystal black Touring I've been constantly emptying my local Walmart's stock of Meguiars Quik detailer sprays. Is Speed Wipe significantly better than the Meguiars quick detailers? I want to order some but I've been pretty happy with the Meguiars one
I don't have experience with those, but if you go with the Speed Wipe because you go through a lot of quick detailer, going with the gallon of Speed Wipe might be economical. I like that CG sells gallons versions of their products since it does save you a bit by going bulk.

snbns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
I've never used Meguiar's Quick Detailer, I have used their Quick Spray Wax, and I feel like it was okay. With my fresh coat of Collinite 845, I think I'll be using Speedwipe to keep it clean (especially since it doesn't have any wax or anything in it). A gallon of Speedwipe on Amazon is like ~$31, and if you do Subscribe and Save you can get it for like ~$25. Nice deal for great a quick detailer.

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Waterless Was and Wax is more for "washing" your vehicle when there's dirt/bird dropping on it, which essentially washes the car, and also leaves wax.

Speed Wipe is more for finger prints, light marks that you want to get rid of to show shine - say, you're in a car show and someone touched your car - you use the Speed Wipe to clean it off. It would also be good for after a wash and rather than doing a complete wax job on it, a quick detailer would suffice.
Thanks Tim and snbns. Would it make sense to use the waterless cleaner and then Speed Wipe?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Tim and snbns. Would it make sense to use the waterless cleaner and then Speed Wipe?
I wouldn't. I've cleaned my car plenty of times with the waterless wash and it's plenty glossy/shiny afterwards, and I feel like no other spray would be needed.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, looks good man! I think if you have surpassed me!
I wish I can set it up in my garage but I don't have room to set up a shelf dedicated to cleaning supplies, and my roommate has friends coming over all the time working on their vehicles in our garage and supplies runs out frequently - and I don't want to have these all out in the open. Lol.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got to organize my car cleaning products... trying to get on @snbns 's level with this shot :) PS: I don't discriminate with other products, so it's not all Chemical Guys. lol.

IMG_1326.jpg
I think your Chemical Guys collection needs some more real estate! Mothers might have to be evicted from the upstairs apartment

snbns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
I wish I can set it up in my garage but I don't have room to set up a shelf dedicated to cleaning supplies, and my roommate has friends coming over all the time working on their vehicles in our garage and supplies runs out frequently - and I don't want to have these all out in the open. Lol.
Then keeping it out of their hands is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't want everyone using my CG stuff! Haha

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My brother has an apartment a few kilometres away so he comes over often to wash his car. I have a "guest shelf" with some cheapie stuff I let him use and I also use when I wash my parents cars. Basic Turtle Wax, Nu-Finish, AmorAll car soap etc. LOL. I keep my good stuff in a tote in the basement

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
My brother has an apartment a few kilometres away so he comes over often to wash his car. I have a "guest shelf" with some cheapie stuff I let him use and I also use when I wash my parents cars. Basic Turtle Wax, Nu-Finish, AmorAll car soap etc. LOL. I keep my good stuff in a tote in the basement
i thought Nu-Finish was good stuff

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i thought Nu-Finish was good stuff
I didn't mean it was bad, but it doesn't cost much and can be found at any Walmart. Stuff like CG is more pricey and has to be bought online for the most part, so I'm a bit stingy with it lol
Sponsored