Anyone use Chemical Guys products?

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
So, this new Civic has me spending lots of time researching how to detail and take care of my new car. I just ordered some supplies from ChemicalGuys.com. They've got some pretty great instructional videos, so I'm going to give their products a try.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

I'll of course report back my experience. :)
Sponsored

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't but they seem to be very well regarded.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
My buddy uses them on his Chevy SS. Its really good stuff. Gives the car a very deep shine.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy uses them on his Chevy SS. Its really good stuff. Gives the car a very deep shine.
Do you happen to know which products he uses? Their selection is a little overwhelming.

I ordered the JetSeal and Butter Wax. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw their products on YouTube last night and wondered how they were. Might give them a try.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Do you happen to know which products he uses? Their selection is a little overwhelming.

I ordered the JetSeal and Butter Wax. Hopefully they'll be here soon.
i think he just got like the basic starter kit. I went on their site because i myself was curious and it's crazy they have like a polish for a polish.

OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
An update: I performed my second detail today, this time using Chemical Guys Jetseal and 5050 wax.

The jetseal and wax were definitely much easier to apply than the Meguiar's products, I thought. They all buffed off cleanly, and wow that shine. I think I like this stuff.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? IMG_1457

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An update: I performed my second detail today, this time using Chemical Guys Jetseal and 5050 wax.

The jetseal and wax were definitely much easier to apply than the Meguiar's products, I thought. They all buffed off cleanly, and wow that shine. I think I like this stuff.

IMG_1457.jpg
Thanks for the update. That shine is ridiculous. Love that wet look.

Turbo1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone use Chemical Guys products? {filename}

Mannyp93, as a long time proud collector, detailer ,and customer of chemical guy's I swear to god this stuff is the best on earth bar none! The more you use their products your arsenal will grow! Here's a little glimpse of my private collection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scsi

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Mannyp93, as a long time proud collector, detailer ,and customer of chemical guy's I swear to god this stuff is the best on earth bar none! The more you use their products your arsenal will grow! Here's a little glimpse of my private collection.
Looks like there's a missing image there. I'm sure it's an impressive collection... I bought a bunch, too! And I'll definitely be buying more... My Civic looks great!

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
With it being cold outside now and a first time purchaser, which products would be good for a $50 purchase? I was thinking microfiber towels, glass cleaner for tinted windows and a quick detailer. Later when spring time comes, I can get more products.

Last edited:

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring

+1 me and my bro were looking for a good detail kit and tried a few things. Then we stumbled across chemical guys and never going back. Got nearly their entire line up. My cousin is also a huge fanatic of chemical guys and has nearly x2 of everything on there lol.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Your best bet for detailing is to join a forum and start reading what people there are using. No one brand is going to make "the best" everything, but some brands are better than others. Likewise, no one product is going to be "the best" but many are better than others.

For washing, I use a Zymol product. For polishing by machine, I typically use one of the 3M series for rough paint or 3D HD Polish for more well maintained. Decontaminate with IronX and clay bar in tough spots. In the winter, I apply 3x coats of Klasse, and in the summer it's Optimum Gloss Coat topped with some P21S wax. I have all sorts of products for plastic maintenance, glass treatments, etc. I tend to stay away from the big box brands, such as Meguiars, because while they do work relatively well, you can often times get much better performing products for the same if not less cost.

But to answer your question, yes, I have heard of and use Chemical Guys before, mostly for microfiber towels.
Sponsored