Chemical Guys - Worst Customer Service

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no doubt that Chemical Guys makes awesome products. However, their customer services is absolutely atrocious. Twice, I bought something and it either arrived broken or fell apart after only a few uses. The first time was a Concours Wheel brush (which is now discontinued) and the second time is with the nozzle of the TorqX foam Blaster leaking/spraying in between where the plastic and metal parts come together. On both occasions, they have given me the run around. So much so, that with the wheel brush, I just threw it away and got a different one.

Has anyone else had an issue with Chemical Guys Customer service?
Sponsored

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have bought a couple of their products but I prefer to go through Amazon. Sorry to hear about the experience.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I generally try to avoid their stuff. In the industry they seem to be better known as a "marketing company that happens to sell car products". It's not all bad but there are often better options.

OP
OP
cmatti2016

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I generally try to avoid their stuff. In the industry they seem to be better known as a "marketing company that happens to sell car products". It's not all bad but there are often better options.
In your opinion, what should I be using instead?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In your opinion, what should I be using instead?
There are lots of good brands out there. I buy most all of my stuff from Autogeek.net or their sister website Autopia Car Care. I think they carry some CG stuff but also have lots of other nice brands. If there is a specific product you are looking for an alternative to I may can help. I'm not a professional detailer but it's been somewhat of a passion of mine for the last 12 years or so.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only utilize the snow foam and their stripper scent spray from GC. Bought a finishing pad for my DA from them as well when I was in a jam from Amazon.

Otherwise, I like to use Wolfgang (Seleant, Waterless Wash Concentrate), Duragloss (Spray Wax), Optimum (Tire Gel), 3D Products (AIO Polisher, Bug Remover Concentrate, Sealant), and DoDo Juice (WAXES).

All of which are highly rated throughout the detailing communities/forums. I had done extensive research on reviews, prices, and products where done before selecting these brands.

KMG

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
You should give Detailed Image a look. I am a blog author on their Ask-a-Pro Blog, which provides product reviews along with information on how to use certain products. They have top notice customer service along with quick shipping. Feel free to PM if you have any questions on stuff.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
There are lots of good brands out there. I buy most all of my stuff from Autogeek.net or their sister website Autopia Car Care. I think they carry some CG stuff but also have lots of other nice brands. If there is a specific product you are looking for an alternative to I may can help. I'm not a professional detailer but it's been somewhat of a passion of mine for the last 12 years or so.
Wow! There's a whole other world out there that I wasn't even aware of. Lol. Thanks for sharing the site. Gonna keep practicing with CG, then upgrade with some of the products on that site. Thsnks for sharing!

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like some of their shampoos (car wash), however other then that most of their products are mediocre at best. As previously stated they market like crazy and most of the general public love their products, merely because they don't realize there are much better products available.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've bought a number of CG products and find them to be very mediocre. I've had much better luck with another brand called Poorboy's. They're in the same price range as CG but their products perform much better. I've had good luck buying detailing supplies from Autogeek.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Poorboy's World product are pretty good. They are polar opposites ends of the spectrum from CG as they spend nothing on marketing or making their products fancy looking and have a pretty good product, while CG is the opposite and has flashy packaging and marketing with OK products.

I used to order stuff from Autogeek, but between their shipping prices and waiting well over a week for things to be delivered I starting buying products else where. I pretty much get everything from Corey at Carpro-US or Detailed Image.

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was gonna buy a bunch of CG stuff before I saw this thread. I'm gonna use their foam cannon but none of their soaps/waxes. I need just a car soap, window cleaner, and a spray that I can use to really make my car shine after it's washed and dried. Any recommendations?

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was gonna buy a bunch of CG stuff before I saw this thread. I'm gonna use their foam cannon but none of their soaps/waxes. I need just a car soap, window cleaner, and a spray that I can use to really make my car shine after it's washed and dried. Any recommendations?
There shampoo is actually one of the few good things they make and would recommend. I use their Citrus Wash on every car that I work on as it is a fairly strong shampoo, however for maintenance washes and use with a foam cannon I would recommend their HoneyDew Snow Soap or give Optimum Car Wash a try. If you are using a foam lance (cannon) you will want to get shampoo in a gallon as you will go through it fairly quickly as you are using several ounces per wash. For cleaning glass I like Stoners Invisible Glass in the aerosol can.

For a drying aide / spray wax I would recommend Meguiar's Synthetic-X-Press-Spray-Wax. Very easy to use and leaves a nice slick glossy finish or if you want something that offers longer durability you could try Gtechniq C2V3 Liquid Crystal which will offer several months of protection per application.

GiulzFoc

Hatcharelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There shampoo is actually one of the few good things they make and would recommend. I use their Citrus Wash on every car that I work on as it is a fairly strong shampoo, however for maintenance washes and use with a foam cannon I would recommend their HoneyDew Snow Soap or give Optimum Car Wash a try. If you are using a foam lance (cannon) you will want to get shampoo in a gallon as you will go through it fairly quickly as you are using several ounces per wash. For cleaning glass I like Stoners Invisible Glass in the aerosol can.

For a drying aide / spray wax I would recommend Meguiar's Synthetic-X-Press-Spray-Wax. Very easy to use and leaves a nice slick glossy finish or if you want something that offers longer durability you could try Gtechniq C2V3 Liquid Crystal which will offer several months of protection per application.
Really appreciate the response!! The honeydew was the one I was ordering lol. Definitely gonna look into those products you recommended. Was gonna order all my microfiber towels and stuff off CG are they reliable?

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really appreciate the response!! The honeydew was the one I was ordering lol. Definitely gonna look into those products you recommended. Was gonna order all my microfiber towels and stuff off CG are they reliable?
Their towels are fine, but I would recommend ordering from Detailed Image as they offer top notch customer service and quick shipping. What type of towels are you looking for (drying, glass, all purpose). For a drying towel I would highly recommend Griots PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel, they are pricey but I would say it is one of the best on the market. I order a lot of towels from Microfiber Tech, but I also order a few hundred at a time.
Sponsored