Any evidence that the 2.0 is detuned/overrated?

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX - Agean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im not losing traction when i accelerate. I tried 0-60 with traction control both on and off and it didnt make a difference. I tried it in D but the fake shifts were slowing me down so i put it in L which got my lowest time of 9.3 seconds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In perfect conditions with a 6mt Motor Trend time a 7.8 seconds. How are you timing your 0-60? Real world 0-60 will depend on the conditions so to expect 7.8 from a stock 2.0 is not likely
I have a stopwatch and when i floor it, i start the timer and when i hit 60, i stop it. Im just a little disappointed since my 2009 corolla le, with 125hp made it to 60 in around 10 seconds as well...

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have a stopwatch and when i floor it, i start the timer and when i hit 60, i stop it. Im just a little disappointed since my 2009 corolla le, with 125hp made it to 60 in around 10 seconds as well...
Should be faster tbh. My 2.0 when it was stock did it in 8.4 seconds with TC on. I timed it just for fun using a 0-60 timer I installed onto the headunit and its pretty damn accurate because it stops timing the moment the car reaches 60. I've yet to test the 0-60 since tuning.

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be faster tbh. My 2.0 when it was stock did it in 8.4 seconds with TC on. I timed it just for fun using a 0-60 timer I installed onto the headunit and its pretty damn accurate because it stops timing the moment the car reaches 60. I've yet to test the 0-60 since tuning.
any idea why its so slow?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
any idea why its so slow?
Could be a multitude of things from the way you are timing it (Maybe) or your elevation or the quality of fuel. But since you're from Houston it says I doubt elevation is the problem as with fuel quality. It could be that you're timing is inaccurate but other than that you honestly should be in the 8 second range tbh. Its just an NA engine with not that much Power so all there is really is to put ot in D or L and floor it till it hits 60. Weird how you're times are so off.

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could be a multitude of things from the way you are timing it (Maybe) or your elevation or the quality of fuel. But since you're from Houston it says I doubt elevation is the problem as with fuel quality. It could be that you're timing is inaccurate but other than that you honestly should be in the 8 second range tbh. Its just an NA engine with not that much Power so all there is really is to put ot in D or L and floor it till it hits 60. Weird how you're times are so off.
Ill record a video and upload it and maybe you can give me some more advice. Thanks!

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Well up to 4000 RPM it doesn't seem like the car is being floored all the way because there is a noticeable lag up until then. If your foot was actually to the floor that whole time then there is definitely an issue because there shouldn't be that much of a lag. However, once you reach the top end it does seem to be fairly normal acceleration so I don't think thats where you're issue lies. The question is, were you floored the whole time? Or did you only floor the accelerator once the car was straightened out?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well up to 4000 RPM it doesn't seem like the car is being floored all the way because there is a noticeable lag up until then. If your foot was actually to the floor that whole time then there is definitely an issue because there shouldn't be that much of a lag. However, once you reach the top end it does seem to be fairly normal acceleration so I don't think thats where you're issue lies. The question is, were you floored the whole time? Or did you only floor the accelerator once the car was straightened out?
Agreed, that doesnt seem like its 100% throttle until about 38 mph. Its be better if he had a data log of the run. If it is full throttle, there is a serious issue

Black Knight

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, that doesnt seem like its 100% throttle until about 38 mph. Its be better if he had a data log of the run. If it is full throttle, there is a serious issue
My foot was all the way down from the beginning. However i do have husky all weather floormats and that may be adding a quarter inch of thickness. I will take the mats out and try again.
Sponsored

Last edited: