Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here?

What engine and body style u have?

• 2.0 Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 90 52.0%
  • 1.5t Hatchback

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 1.5t Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Si & Type R

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Need an option for more than 1. I have both the 2.0 sedan and the 1.5T hatch lol
Sponsored

Cru

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXI 2.0 (GCC spec)
Country flag
Was in doubt before buying: 2.0 or 1.5T but no regrets at all I finally chose for the uncharged engine. Ok, 2.0 is a bit less performant and is missing some torque in low revs, but the only 1.5T version sold in the UAE (called RS) is quite over specced to my opinion. With an ugly trunk spoiler (I'm not in my midlife crisis anymore) and even features a black leather interior ... can you imagine in a country with average temperatures of over 40 Celsius for > 6 months?
So, quite happy with the 2.0 and I just keep it in the higher RPM to get forward, the i-Vtec just loves that. No big deal regarding fuel consumption ... This is the Emirates, where 1 liter of gas is cheaper than the same amount of bottled water :lol:

Note: in GCC countries, only CVT sedans are imported, no 6MT nor hatch/coupe versions.

Last edited:

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
I'm pretty much happy with my 2.0 as well. It does have some kick to it when in S mode or even with D with ECO turned off. I do wish sometimes I should've brought the 1.5 instead but it's a lease so I don't care as much. Love the engine and the entire car for what it is.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
CVT. The clutch in the 6MT feels really nice and light but since I do 95% of my driving in rush hour traffic I'm happy for my CVT.

Same here, but I am getting an EX Hatch to go with my sedan, it will be CVT as well.

I drive too much in SF bay area traffic to deal with a stick.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I have also wondered whether people really love the 2.0. We don't hear much. Honda is promoting the turbo all the time, and pretty much no one has reviewed the 2.0. With a tried and true 2.0 and MT, I never feel under-powered. No regrets.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Honda is promoting the turbo all the time
Turbo has better fuel economy rating. This is the biggest selling point for the average compact car shopper. The 2.0 is there for those who prefer a NA engine.

I don't know which engine is more efficient in real driving and different traffic conditions. I'm sure you can't go wrong with the 2.0 in manual.

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Turbo has better fuel economy rating. This is the biggest selling point for the average compact car shopper. The 2.0 is there for those who prefer a NA engine.

I don't know which engine is more efficient in real driving and different traffic conditions. I'm sure you can't go wrong with the 2.0 in manual.
This!
I'm sooooo torn I didn't choose the manual LX and instead got the ex CVT. :(
I only have cai and it sounds sooooooo nice, only if I had the manual so I could do some nice rev matching with a muffler delete aswell....

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)

Yeah, it's understandable, but sad to me that most consumers only look at numbers. This engine is the underdog that gets overlooked. ;)

I drive my 2.0 manual hard and I still get 37 mpg in the summer. I have a feeling a turbo won't be the efficient one for me; very little of my driving is through traffic. But I get why most want low-end torque with a punch when needed.

Bolanosomar94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX-P
Country flag
I have a 2.0 coupe and I'm very happy with it the only thing I wish I had done was get the MT but regardless still a great car!

Samtheman909

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic lx 2.0L sedan
Country flag
Hi there guys I’m a new civic owner currently having a 2018 Lx sedan with the 2.0L and was wondering what are some good power bolt ons or mods I could do to it while keeping it NA? I’m only 18 and can’t get the expensive name brand stuff

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I had a LX 2.0 for a few years. Traded it in for my hatchback.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Hi there guys I’m a new civic owner currently having a 2018 Lx sedan with the 2.0L and was wondering what are some good power bolt ons or mods I could do to it while keeping it NA? I’m only 18 and can’t get the expensive name brand stuff
I would safe your money for a ktuner. Our cars got a nasty dip in the power curve that the tune removes. Also lowers the Vtec engagement for better top end pull. It really perfects the way the engine runs. The ktuner is the best bang for the buck. If you are looking to improve performance the ktuner is where you need to start.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Yes you can raise the rev-limiter but I wouldn’t go too high. I just left mine at 7000. But as far as the Vtec engagement, you will notice it when you reprogram it to engage sooner. And ktuner just updated the software to engage at 5300 rpm. I just updated mine last night. I will test it out later. But also you get the extra bump in power across the board from the tuning. So all together it’s a noticeable difference in the car. I thought you already had it on your car?
Sponsored