Any owners here with the 2.0 engine here?

What engine and body style u have?

• 2.0 Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 90 52.0%
  • 1.5t Hatchback

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 1.5t Sedan & Coupe

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Si & Type R

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
Everyone seems to have a 1.5t in mostly hatchbacks. Why no love for the 2.0 non hatchback with a manual?

edit: corrected the question
Sponsored

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
The Hatch only comes with the 1.5T engine.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I'm really happy with my 2.0 Sedan. No doubt the turbo 1.5 is a better engine overall and since that's all the hatch comes in obviously you'd see more, but I wanted that tried tested and true K20 family engine and as a day to day city car it's plenty peppy for me. I don't really see a point in comparing them though, everyone knows what works for them and at the end of the day we are all driving Civic X's, which is pretty rad.

OP
OP

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
I'm really happy with my 2.0 Sedan. No doubt the turbo 1.5 is a better engine overall and since that's all the hatch comes in obviously you'd see more, but I wanted that tried tested and true K20 family engine and as a day to day city car it's plenty peppy for me. I don't really see a point in comparing them though, everyone knows what works for them and at the end of the day we are all driving Civic X's, which is pretty rad.
do you have cvt or 6MT?

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Everyone seems to have a 1.5t in mostly hatchbacks. Why no love for the 2.0 non hatchback with a manual?

edit: corrected the question

Civic LX manual 2.0 L engine is one of the car in the family, we are very happy with it. We never look for CVT ot turbo.
We like MT and mostly car review wrote CVT is noisy, go for MT.

It is a matter of taste too

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I knew from the start that I wanted a 2.0L EX sedan CVT. It was a self-inflicted decision to prevent me from doing things to the engine/car since the purpose of this car is to get me to and from work in my 2 hour roundtrip commute. But being a member of this site has made things challenging. I’ve done very minor things to this car which I promised my wife I wouldn’t do such as: seat covers, amp/sub, window visors, HID’s, LED High beams, leather trimmed center console, clear side markers and tint. I used to drive an Infiniti M35 for my commute and I was at the gas station at least once a week averaging 15 mpg. Now I average 32mpg which is 70% stop and go traffic filling up at the station every other week.

But coming from a 280hp Infiniti to a 158hp civic, I thought I would miss the torque of the M35. But the 2.0L CVT in S-mode is no slouch. The only thing I miss from my Infiniti M is the Air Condition Seats and 14 speaker Bose system.

DarthNemod

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 2.0, 2000 Honda S2000
The K20C2 is similar to the Type R motor minus the turbo and some different internal components I'm sure. The 2.0 is what is leased out to F4 teams which is like minor league for F1 which I thought was really cool. I basically have a street car with a mini race engine.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
So I just read that the 2011 civic SI had the same engine as the current 2.0; naturally aspirated aluminum 2.0 IVTEC 4 cyl. But the 2011 SI made 197 horsepower and the current 2.0 only makes 158. Does this mean that our current 2.0 is capable of 197 horsepower?

goSalsa89

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Honda CIVIC Coupe LX
I just bought my coupe on Monday. Its soo nice and shifts so smoothly

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Does anyone on here have the KTunerFlash for their 2.0 and given feedback?

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I have the 2.0L civic EX CVT aswell. I have been using an AEM cold air intake for a long time now and the engine sounds really nice when u step on the throttle. Especially in the 4000-5000rpm range. I don't have the ktuner v2 flash but plan on getting that too. I also will be doing a muffler delete soon. Also in S mode, if u continue revving it up it will kick in VTEC at 6100rpm and at 7000rpm redline it will "fake" switch gears as if u have shifted up. So u can pretty much hold throttle all the way down and needn't worry about going past redline. For those of you wondering about the ktuner v2 flash, someone here in the forum has done it and reviewed it, if u search the forum I'm sure u can find the thread. Btw, with the AEM Intake, the VTEC is more evident. I can hear it kick in! It's noice!
Sponsored