Aftermarket Headlights - Any Recommendations?

NiftyAndy_fk7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback (Sport - FK7)
Country flag
Hi CivicX forum, first post here!

I'm looking to find an aftermarket LED alternative for the headlights on my FK7. My heart was pretty set on a pair of the Morimoto XB lights, but they seem to have been discontinued...

For those of you on here with LED aftermarket lights, what are you using? I want something that will perform much better than the stock lights at night, the factory halogens are surprisingly bad. And, obviously, something that looks a bit nicer would be great too ;). Bonus points if the vendor also makes fogs.
Sponsored

toku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
Country flag
There’s a ton of options out there now just depends of the route you wanna take. I ended up swapping the whole head light assembly to get LEDs and sequential turn markers. For bulbs specifically I don’t know a brand off hand. I’ve been very happy with the Spyder Apex headlights.

For fog lights I think Diode Dynamics make some of the best products out there, but I’m not sure if they sell headlight bulbs.

Last edited:

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi CivicX forum, first post here!

I'm looking to find an aftermarket LED alternative for the headlights on my FK7. My heart was pretty set on a pair of the Morimoto XB lights, but they seem to have been discontinued...

For those of you on here with LED aftermarket lights, what are you using? I want something that will perform much better than the stock lights at night, the factory halogens are surprisingly bad. And, obviously, something that looks a bit nicer would be great too ;). Bonus points if the vendor also makes fogs.
I had the Morimoto XB headlights, not really worth getting, they were not bright at all. The only thing good about them was the sequential signal. Instead I used the Hikari Titanova bulbs when I had my 10th Gen. Very bright and looked really good in the factory projectors.

https://a.co/d/bNtBm5M

For the fog lights I had the LasFit switchbacks.

https://a.co/d/9sGTprH

You can also look into getting a full retrofit for your headlights, there are some pretty decent threads on them.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-hid-build-for-10th-gen-civic-retrofit.71653/

If you want a full replacement for fogs, get the Diode Dynamics as @toku said. I modified the 10th Gen SS3 PRo to fit my 11th gen. Totally worth it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headlights - Any Recommendations? 1703634685836

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing I ever saw about aftermarket LED options were that the output is disappointing and worse than stock halogen. Maybe there is something better out now than the last time I looked 12-18 months ago. You can run stock LED with the proper harness setup, but not cheap. For output, you probably can’t beat an HID retrofit. I have Morimoto XB 2Stroke 3.0 bulbs. They look a lot better and match the color temp of the DRLs but they are not an improvement on light output.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've been running Diode Dynamics low beams for 4.5 years now and the output vs stock is at least doubled. They do sell them for our cars and their fog lights are also pretty sweet and a lot brighter than stock. I got their lowest output ones and they're still 2-3 times brighter, more than good enough for driving and not blinding people. The beam pattern on both low beams and fogs is very precise and I rarely get flashed by people.

They are pricy, but again, I've run their low beams for 4.5 years and there has been zero issues at all.
Honda Civic 10th gen Aftermarket Headlights - Any Recommendations? 20190911_073637

OP
OP
NiftyAndy_fk7

NiftyAndy_fk7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback (Sport - FK7)
Country flag
Thank you so much for the bulb recommendations, guys!

I should have worded my original post better, I'm looking to replace the headlamps outright. I really like the look of these, but cannot find any reviews anywhere online about them. Ideally, the OEM LED headlamps that come standard on touring model civics would be perfect, but they are a bit pricey.

Looking through your guys' bulb recommendations, I like the Diode Dynamics option. I may go that route with my stock headlamps.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thank you so much for the bulb recommendations, guys!

I should have worded my original post better, I'm looking to replace the headlamps outright. I really like the look of these, but cannot find any reviews anywhere online about them. Ideally, the OEM LED headlamps that come standard on touring model civics would be perfect, but they are a bit pricey.

Looking through your guys' bulb recommendations, I like the Diode Dynamics option. I may go that route with my stock headlamps.
seeing reflector and LED doesn't seem like a good thing to me, but maybe with a properly set-up lens made for LEDs it works. I haven't really looked into LED headlights but I know swapping in an LED bulb into a reflector housing made for a halogen bulb is a big no-no as the light will just go everywhere but where you want it, especially in people's faces. Our low beams have projector housings, which work great with an LED bulb. Someone else can chime in, those lights look nice, not too expensive, but you're trading for cheaper materials for sure. Either the housings will fade quickly, the lights won't last or be bright AND concentrated where it needs to be.
I'd try to find a video or pictures showing the difference at night between stock and these as in the video it seems very mediocre to me.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
seeing reflector and LED doesn't seem like a good thing to me, but maybe with a properly set-up lens made for LEDs it works. I haven't really looked into LED headlights but I know swapping in an LED bulb into a reflector housing made for a halogen bulb is a big no-no as the light will just go everywhere but where you want it, especially in people's faces. Our low beams have projector housings, which work great with an LED bulb. Someone else can chime in, those lights look nice, not too expensive, but you're trading for cheaper materials for sure. Either the housings will fade quickly, the lights won't last or be bright AND concentrated where it needs to be.
I'd try to find a video or pictures showing the difference at night between stock and these as in the video it seems very mediocre to me.
https://www.archaic-direct.com/prod...05948&pr_ref_pid=6922872750140&pr_seq=uniform

this one says projector LED lights, which to me will be brighter where you need it to be. Again, I might be wrong with this.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
low beams are projector. high beams are reflector. high beams don't matter as much because you're not supposed to be driving with high beams on around other drivers. i can say in using them in my car for years, they're fine on high beams, i'd never rock them on low beam reflectors, but i want everything illuminated in the dark.
Sponsored