Adding Oil Pressure Gauge

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Today I Built prototype Front Console Panel for the TMPS and Oil Pressure/Temperature Gauge.

Had to abandon the Coolant temp Gauge, not enough room, but on the bright side, that HALVED the cost of the project !!.

I believe I can still have Coolant temperature if I switch the temperature sensors between the Oil Temp Sensor and the Coolant Temp Sensor.

So now instead of the 2nd Coolant Gauge, I have a switch, and a couple of LEDS to confirm which is selected .. Yellow Oil, Blue Water ... why not -- LEDS are cool.

Honda Civic 10th gen Adding Oil Pressure Gauge prototype_mockup_TPMS_OIl

Mock up is Black card, and obviously the Oil Gauge is just a cut out picture, but this will serve as a pattern when I come to cut out the Plexiglass.

TPMS stick out about 1/4 inch, as there are 3 buttons on the top for setting up etc.

The switch will end up being a small black rocker switch... when I find one I like.
Sponsored

wpwatson

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So, I was taking my daily look around for solutions to this, and I came across Canton Racing Products, that makes a smaller diameter sandwich plate than any of the others I've found. I had tried a GlowShift plate, but it's diameter was way to big to fit into the recessed area where the oil filter goes.

Canton Racing part number 22-568 appears to be the perfect size. Regardless, I ordered one, as well as the proper fittings to use the sensor for my gauge. The sandwich plate is $91 USD most places, but Amazon had it for about $30 USD. I will provide an update once I've had a chance to give it a go.

For anyone that would like to check it out:
https://www.cantonracingproducts.co...t-adapter-univ-sandwich-style-20mm-1-5-2-5-8/
I came across your post in regards to the sandwich from Canton racing products. I'm trying to hook up my soul pressure gauge to my 17 civic si. My question is did you ever purchase it and did it fit? I've already found out that a regular sandwich doesn't fit.

OP
OP
akrachanko

akrachanko

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krachanko.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
Country flag
I came across your post in regards to the sandwich from Canton racing products. I'm trying to hook up my soul pressure gauge to my 17 civic si. My question is did you ever purchase it and did it fit? I've already found out that a regular sandwich doesn't fit.
I tried the Canton sandwich plate, and it did not fit. I’m convinced that any sandwich plate that isn’t perfectly round, and the exact diameter of an oil filter, isn’t going to to fit in this car. I sort of gave up on it. I feel like your best bet would be to try and find a filter relocate kit, as that will likely allow you to either tap a gauge right in somehow, or give you a more accessible and less restricted space to put the sandwich plate.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Get a oil cooler kit. You can cool and monitor your temps/pressure

wpwatson

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Get a oil cooler kit. You can cool and monitor your temps/pressure
Appreciate your help, can you point me in the right direction as for maybe a link to a kit that would fit?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor