Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
This ETL Performance kit is one of the only ones being made still. PRL had one but not enough people bought them.
My car is tuned with no other bolt ons, I personally have seen up to 220 on 95+ Fahrenheit days, just on the highway!

I've heard the major issue with this cooler in particular is that it goes in the same place that most cold air intakes such as the PRL Cobra... which is on my list of planned upgrades.

hopefully someone who has installed this can come talk about it. I'm also very interested in adding one but I may end up having to go custom so I can use the PRL intake later on

Tac3403

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-T sedan 1.5T Cvt
Country flag
there is also an Oem one for other markets, there is a thread on here somewhere about it. I don't remember 100% but I think there is issues with where it goes for USDM models

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've heard some people have a CVT cooler for their civics, but I can't find any videos about them, and can't find the product itself. All I can find is an oil cooler, do any of you have a CVT cooler? If so where did you get it from, how was the installation, and is it worth it?

I still have mine in the garage somewhere. Purchased it when PRL first came out with it (You can see me talking about it in their original thread). I never had it installed. It's still in the original box. $100 and it's yours (I'll have to find it first of course). I have no plans on installing it. I hold on to it.....just in case I do. I change my mind quickly with stuff. And the mod bug just started hitting me again...today...as I type this. After being out the game for almost 2 years. :p

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Ill look into that, I have the PRL cobra intake, so Ill see what I can do. Thank you.
I have the PRL Cold Air Intake and the location is disrupted by the honda sensor radar and cold air so I drilled a hole onto my crash bar and top and mounted it from there. The cooler is right behind the Honda Emblem in which is perfect to me as it protects it from rock chips and everything but it might not get enough air flow to be cooled max. On the forum linked I shared a photo of how I mounted it.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still have mine in the garage somewhere. Purchased it when PRL first came out with it (You can see me talking about it in their original thread). I never had it installed. It's still in the original box. $100 and it's yours (I'll have to find it first of course). I have no plans on installing it. I hold on to it.....just in case I do. I change my mind quickly with stuff. And the mod bug just started hitting me again...today...as I type this. After being out the game for almost 2 years. :p
Not bad of a deal🤔

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like a good deal, I'll hold keep doing some research. Also I'm deciding between an intercooler and cvt cooler rn, would get both but don't wanna go broke. I'm sure you could find someone that would take your deal, or you can even install it yourself to get those transmission temps down.
My suggestion is to get an intercooler first.

My personal opinion is that a CVT cooler is not needed. I just happen to have one but after doing a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that I'd be better off with changing the CVT fluid more frequently (Every 20k). This will allow the CVT fluid to keep it's friction properties so it doesn't slip. When the belts start slipping, that generates the heat. When that happens, the belts degrade and then break. So I simply try to prevent belt slippage. I purchased CVT fluid that is supposed to have better friction modifiers than stock Honda CVT fluid but I don't recommend anyone do what I do. I never do.

Keep in mind too that a CVT cooler will impact your fuel economy in cold weather by not allowing the CVT fluid to get up to temperature quick enough or not at all (From my reading on the net). I have not read about anyone having any problems with fuel economy after CVT cooler install here though.

I'm not looking to sell this (I hate trying to sell anything..lol). Just was trying to help. Good luck in your quest. ;)

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Haha

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
****SOLD****

Just got home from work and found the CVT cooler in my garage. Just posting so some peeps know I wasn't BS'ing. I've already been hittup in PM about it though.

Honda Civic 10th gen . PRL CVT Cooler 1
BS'ing.

Honda Civic 10th gen . PRL CVT Cooler 3

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your track exploits again!

• Haha

Ep3-FK7

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I bought a used prl one and installed it this weekend. Normally I would see temps around 210 on the highway with coolant around 194. Now I have yet to see over 185 for both coolant and transmission temps. Worth it if you want to promote longevity of cvt. I’m fbo prl and want to add a big turbo so taking precautionary measures in advance; arp head studs cvt cooler etc. Of course changing the fluid more frequently is number 1 priority. I have 64,000 miles and since 30,000 I have changed it 3 times. 3rd one was only because I was doing the cooler. I could have gotten away with just adding cvt fluid. I recommend changing the fluid every 20,000 miles or every 4 oil changes. I might change fluids more frequently than needed but it’s fairly inexpensive and I don’t drive it as a daily 5 months out of the year (dreadful winter in Ohio).

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a used prl one and installed it this weekend. Normally I would see temps around 210 on the highway with coolant around 194. Now I have yet to see over 185 for both coolant and transmission temps. Worth it if you want to promote longevity of cvt. I’m fbo prl and want to add a big turbo so taking precautionary measures in advance; arp head studs cvt cooler etc. Of course changing the fluid more frequently is number 1 priority. I have 64,000 miles and since 30,000 I have changed it 3 times. 3rd one was only because I was doing the cooler. I could have gotten away with just adding cvt fluid. I recommend changing the fluid every 20,000 miles or every 4 oil changes. I might change fluids more frequently than needed but it’s fairly inexpensive and I don’t drive it as a daily 5 months out of the year (dreadful winter in Ohio).
So how do you change the cvt cooler oil? Or does it all come out when changing the cvt oil? And how much do you add specifically?
Sponsored