daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
My mileage is currently at 37,000, however I haven't had any codes pop up related to the recommended 30,000 mile maintenance like getting the cvt fluid replaced. I am due for an oil change, should I just schedule the 30,000 mile maintenance with the oil change or wait until it pops up?

Also, one of the service advisors said during my last oil change that since I have been changing my oil before the code popped up, that it could mess with the "schedule" of the maintenance minder. Is that even true? I've been changing the oil at 30% because the advice on the forum was that it's a good idea to change the oil early for turbo engines. Should I not have done that?
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Transmission fluid will show up around 50,000 miles. For severe conditions, the manual says to change at 35,000 miles. You are free to change the fluid whenever you want.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Fluid is cheap(ish), transmissions aren't. If you're the cautious type, I'd go ahead and have it done.

I did the manual oil in mine right at 30k regardless of the maintenance minder.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I do my transmission fluid at 30k for both of my cars. 50k seems far away for barely changing it. I mean if you drive slow all the time then yeah maybe, but realistically a lot of people drive up hills or have to gas it to get around big trailers or whatever so yeah. It’s not all just flat road and easy going on your transmission.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I’m just passing 21k on mine, did my cabin an air filter for the first time yesterday( bought car new 8/2020 an am coming up on my oil change sooner than later(3rd one). Was planning to change the trans fluid when I do my oil change so it should end up being around 22k, but may just wait til the next oil change which will put me right at 30k
Sponsored