2nd Blown Transmission, Looking at all options now

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seems to me the breakpoints are about 300 Tq is when you need to start thinking about your driving style, and 350 Tq is when you need a trans replacement fund set aside. Banging gears and really getting on it at those power levels seem to be where failures occur even around 300 ft-lb.
Sponsored

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Wow, I’m surprised your trans went twice at that kind of power level… how much experience do you have driving a manual transmission?

OP
OP
leasedsi

leasedsi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Wow, I’m surprised your trans went twice at that kind of power level… how much experience do you have driving a manual transmission?
about 4-5 years of driving manual. I had zero transmission issues before building the motor and upgrading the turbo. This last transmission lasted about 3 weeks and I only took it out (which was to race) about 4-5 times total. Being that I work from home I wasn't driving it much.

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm my 2019 Si is currently dyno’d at 286 whp and 339 wtq with full bolt ons (OEM turbo though) and e35 flex fuel. Hopefully my transmission will hold. Haven’t had issues yet

OP
OP
leasedsi

leasedsi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm my 2019 Si is currently dyno’d at 286 whp and 339 wtq with full bolt ons (OEM turbo though) and e35 flex fuel. Hopefully my transmission will hold. Haven’t had issues yet
I think it was bad luck with an aggressive built motor and aggressive clutch. You are probably fine.

OP
OP
leasedsi

leasedsi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly hate to see it, I might be canceling my order for Mfactory

Honda Civic 10th gen 2nd Blown Transmission, Looking at all options now rip 3.PNG

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
Honestly hate to see it, I might be canceling my order for Mfactory

rip 3.PNG
that's unfortunate :( it may come to a conclusion with another OEM 4th or PPG. If you know anyone that actually races and have an HPD account, hopefully they can provide some hookups.

OP
OP
leasedsi

leasedsi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that's unfortunate :( it may come to a conclusion with another OEM 4th or PPG. If you know anyone that actually races and have an HPD account, hopefully they can provide some hookups.
I think I might stick it out with this order. Based on the description of the gears, it seems that the quality and durability are still solid. I'm going to be one of the first people to use this, if it works ill be set and our community will have a way cheaper alternative besides PPG or HPD4th.

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
I think I might stick it out with this order. Based on the description of the gears, it seems that the quality and durability are still solid. I'm going to be one of the first people to use this, if it works ill be set and our community will have a way cheaper alternative besides PPG or HPD4th.

please do so and update us. I may go this route eventually. I'm waiting for a few things to clear up financially so i could order parts for a built block i'm putting together. It took me a while to get my Garrett turbo, next is the block then fuel system. I'm not doing a trans rebuild with PPG, etc until I actually blow it

OP
OP
leasedsi

leasedsi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys, after someone mentioning RV6 to me it made me want to reach out and see what they were up too. I called RV6 and they transferred me to their development team (Rich). And I told him about our 10th gen 3&4th gear issues that many of us have. From people I know to forums, and he heard me out. He is now interested in helping make us a 3rd gear as well. He wants to buy my first blown tranny to help with testing on the sensors and just in general. He is very interested in helping our community it seems. Being that we have little to no options other than PPG that's 5k. HPD as well but not very easily accessible. This might be it for us guys! If they make this 3&4th with speedo corrector for less than $2000 we as a community are set!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, after someone mentioning RV6 to me it made me want to reach out and see what they were up too. I called RV6 and they transferred me to their development team (Rich). And I told him about our 10th gen 3&4th gear issues that many of us have. From people I know to forums, and he heard me out. He is now interested in helping make us a 3rd gear as well. He wants to buy my first blown tranny to help with testing on the sensors and just in general. He is very interested in helping our community it seems. Being that we have little to no options other than PPG that's 5k. HPD as well but not very easily accessible. This might be it for us guys! If they make this 3&4th with speedo corrector for less than $2000 we as a community are set!
Wow thats amazing. @RV6 I'd be interested in seeing this developed as well.
Sponsored