Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
So I just installed this on my18 HB Sport. I’m a little disappointed as I was expecting some decent sound from all the reviews and YouTube videos I’ve seen.

After thinking could it be because other than the intake it is stock ass well as non si. So once I get a Ktuner and bump my boost would I then here some difference?
Sponsored

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
i have this intake in street version with the inlet pipe and i get hardly any 'whoosh' sound and im on a custom 19psi hondata tune i created myself.

i think it is because the filter is enclosed unlike a prl cobra which is loud as hell! i have thought about upgrading to the race maf version but i have read reviews on fuel trims being off slightly and it is not very beneficial unless going to upgraded turbo.

why not try taking the 27won intakes airbox lid off and see if that helps?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
You will hear more whooses with a tune when you build boost and lift. Other than that with the windows closed you will barely hear it.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Decent enough for me. Albeit windows are down and I do have the larger w1 turbo.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag

Decent enough for me. Albeit windows are down and I do have the larger w1 turbo.
How much come from the TIP and turbo itself? I installed the 27won intake the other day and it's a slightly different pitch, but not much louder.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How much come from the TIP and turbo itself? I installed the 27won intake the other day and it's a slightly different pitch, but not much louder.
I think the TIP and W1 help a lot. I noticed a little change in noise with just the intake but not nearly as dramatic as some people like to say.

If someone were chasing induction noises, the 27WON intake is not the one I'd recommend.
Sponsored

Reactions: Phy