27won Intake CVT

peterman25

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Is the 27Won intake compatible with CVTs? I’m having a hell of a time getting this thing to mount. I can’t seem to find info telling me differently. Thanks.

Advertisement

fenix-silver

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Is the 27Won intake compatible with CVTs? I’m having a hell of a time getting this thing to mount. I can’t seem to find info telling me differently. Thanks.
Yes, it should be. You purchased the non-Si version?

OP

peterman25

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I sure did. Non Si. I guess I’ll call them next week for some tips.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Car(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup. If you check the one of their threads by 27won, I posted some tips along with another guy who ran into the same issue. Essentially one of the sensors for the transmission was rubbing against the plastic part so I used a heat gun to slightly depress it and also shifted the upper bracket to move it at an angle so now I got some clearance.

OP

peterman25

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Yup. If you check the one of their threads by 27won, I posted some tips along with another guy who ran into the same issue. Essentially one of the sensors for the transmission was rubbing against the plastic part so I used a heat gun to slightly depress it and also shifted the upper bracket to move it at an angle so now I got some clearance.
Thanks for this. I went back through and read the thread. Funny, I was thinking..do I need to drill out a hole? I like the idea of heating up the plastic and pushing it in a bit. Something 27Won should have done for CVT folks. Do you happen to remember what bolts you used in those male / female standoffs? Or where you got them? I like that idea too.