27won Intake CVT

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Is the 27Won intake compatible with CVTs? I’m having a hell of a time getting this thing to mount. I can’t seem to find info telling me differently. Thanks.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Is the 27Won intake compatible with CVTs? I’m having a hell of a time getting this thing to mount. I can’t seem to find info telling me differently. Thanks.
Yes, it should be. You purchased the non-Si version?

OP
OP

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I sure did. Non Si. I guess I’ll call them next week for some tips.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup. If you check the one of their threads by 27won, I posted some tips along with another guy who ran into the same issue. Essentially one of the sensors for the transmission was rubbing against the plastic part so I used a heat gun to slightly depress it and also shifted the upper bracket to move it at an angle so now I got some clearance.

OP
OP

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Yup. If you check the one of their threads by 27won, I posted some tips along with another guy who ran into the same issue. Essentially one of the sensors for the transmission was rubbing against the plastic part so I used a heat gun to slightly depress it and also shifted the upper bracket to move it at an angle so now I got some clearance.
Thanks for this. I went back through and read the thread. Funny, I was thinking..do I need to drill out a hole? I like the idea of heating up the plastic and pushing it in a bit. Something 27Won should have done for CVT folks. Do you happen to remember what bolts you used in those male / female standoffs? Or where you got them? I like that idea too.

smc363

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys, Just attempted to do my install (was abruptly stopped due to rain) and I am also having issues with fitment on my CVT. I cant seem to find these forums you are talking about and was hoping to get some guidance before I drive off and damage anything on my transmission. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys, Just attempted to do my install (was abruptly stopped due to rain) and I am also having issues with fitment on my CVT. I cant seem to find these forums you are talking about and was hoping to get some guidance before I drive off and damage anything on my transmission. Thanks in advance!
Just go through the intake threads in the 27Won forum here. There aren't specifics, but just lots of ideas to think about. I had to use a heat gun and a hammer to get mine into shape. I have about 1/2" to an inch of clearance now. I also found a pic of the rubber standoffs that don't have the double sided threads posted by another user. One side you can screw into. I ordered those. It makes installation easier on the top bracket by the hood.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just go through the intake threads in the 27Won forum here. There aren't specifics, but just lots of ideas to think about. I had to use a heat gun and a hammer to get mine into shape. I have about 1/2" to an inch of clearance now. I also found a pic of the rubber standoffs that don't have the double sided threads posted by another user. One side you can screw into. I ordered those. It makes installation easier on the top bracket by the hood.
I'm going to attempt my install sometime in the next week or two. You heated and bent the intake itself? And can you post pictures of the tough spots?

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Tagging @Vincent@27WON here just in case cause I don’t want you guys doing something you’re not supposed to be doing. I have a PRL CAI, but I was almost sure that just like the PRL it’s a direct install with no need to do anything like that regardless if it’s CVT.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Oh no, you absolutely have to do something to modify that snorkel so that it doesn’t rub on the sensor that sticks out from the CVT. If you are going to consider returning the intake then don’t attempt any modification. Having to modify the snorkel has been confirmed by multiple users. It is 100% necessary if you don’t want it to rub.

@DaiLo if you attempt to install per the instructions you will see where it rubs. It will scratch and mark up that snorkel for you. I didn’t necessarily bend it. I ended up smashing the plastic in a bit while it was soft to create space.

OP
OP

peterman25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I couldn’t get a pic of where the sensor rubs. I can’t get my phone in there for a pic. But this is a pic of the rubber stand off with one side having threads and the other side doesn’t. You can get a bolt to fit it at Home Depot. I have no idea what the part number is but I’m sure you can find it in the forums.
Honda Civic 10th gen 27won Intake CVT E0903A40-0CF0-4CC3-82A7-A189B6E0621A

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to update for others looking at this thread. Got mine installed today with a friend. It was a bitch to install. I would be very dissatisfied with this product if I didn't know about some of these issues beforehand.

So yes, there is a sensor that rubs against the plastic of the intake. I took your guys advice, heated the tube on the intake and bent it inwards until I had 1/4"-1/2" of clearance. The top bracket also had some trouble getting into place. We took off the trim at the front of the engine bay and put it back on after to make fitment easier. In addition which I didn't see mentioned anywhere, we also took off a pipe leading from the intercooler. This along with trimming a tiny 1-2" piece from the bottom of the air inlet on the end of the intake made getting everything in there significantly easier.

To say it's a tight fit is an understatement. 27won says they they tested the fitment on a CVT but I don't know how you can install this without running into some kind of fitment issue.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey @Vincent@27WON has there been any movement or projected changes regarding the CAI on CVT models? I do remember seeing this a few months ago, but as a person stated earlier in the thread, they thought it was already fixed?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey @Vincent@27WON has there been any movement or projected changes regarding the CAI on CVT models? I do remember seeing this a few months ago, but as a person stated earlier in the thread, they thought it was already fixed?
The difficulty is not in the box, the intake fits with all the needed clearance. The difficulty is in the install. You can't really install it the same way you do in a manual trans. We are going to update some hardware and install instructions to make it easier moving forward.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The difficulty is not in the box, the intake fits with all the needed clearance. The difficulty is in the install. You can't really install it the same way you do in a manual trans. We are going to update some hardware and install instructions to make it easier moving forward.
Good to hear! I think that's all anyone is looking for, some official guidance instead of user-based stuff that may have changed over time. Thanks for the response, you guys always keep up the good reputation of customer support ?
Sponsored