2020 SI vs Accord manual ?

dk127itr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I prefer my panel not split. A simple tach and speedo, like on the wrx, accord, integra, m2, simple and clean. If you have a regular civic you can turn off the tach and have the other info on display (I think I saw that option while scrolling through).

I took the Si out today to get some supplies and throughly threw it around on turns. I feel it really is the best all around daily driver you can get for your dollar.
Sponsored

Stephen

Bone Stock
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Country flag
I am shopping for a new car and it is very difficult to find a SI or an Accord in my area with a manual transmission. I did get to drive a 2020 SI a couple of weeks ago and was very pleased with it. I don't like the fake vents and NO SPARE tire for the SI but it was comfortable and drove really well. I have not driven anything else that I consider to be a competitor to this yet, like an Elantra GT N Line, Forte GT, GTI or Jetta GLI, and possibly the more expensive G70 2.0t.

Manual in everything, no automatic for me. I am still driving the 2006 Mazda3 5sp sedan purchased new because it has been dependable and is still a joy to dive. I just want a new car that pleases me as much to drive as my little Mazda3. If Mazda offered a manual in their sedan lineup I probably would have already bought one but they don't and I do not like their overpriced hatchback. I have never owned a VW and am somewhat afraid of the long term ownership costs. But there are no vehicles mentioned in my interest other than VW within a 100 miles of me with a manual transmission. The SI that I drove was only 33 miles from me but was sold less than 5 days after I looked at it. And it was black so I didn't really want to buy that SI because of the color. I believe I would rather have the SI in pearl white or modern steel.

Any way, I was just curious if any of you have driven the 2020 Accord with a manual and could tell me what it is like in comparison to the SI ? My daughter has an Accord Sport 1.5 but it is an automatic. I know it is roomy and has a big trunk but I forgot to look and see if it comes with a spare tire. I want to be able to drive my new car on vacation but I don't know about not having a spare and if I buy something to take with me then it will take away from my luggage space. I have 5 grand kids in Fla and generally haul gifts with me when I go visit also.

Sorry for the long conversation but would appreciate any thoughts or comments.
And have any of you test driven any other favorable competitor models?
so Iā€™m still a noob on CIVICX so scrolling through the forums I didnā€™t see anyone mention this but the 2020 Accord is not going to be offered in a manual to the best of my knowledge. I know the hondainfocenter website says it is but I sell cars at a Honda dealership and we canā€™t get them.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
so Iā€™m still a noob on CIVICX so scrolling through the forums I didnā€™t see anyone mention this but the 2020 Accord is not going to be offered in a manual to the best of my knowledge. I know the hondainfocenter website says it is but I sell cars at a Honda dealership and we canā€™t get them.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 SI vs Accord manual ? DA56F719-3E38-4021-8A5B-29006C961570

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Iā€™ve heard not many out there, but they are out there. My local dealership had/has at least one for sure.

dk127itr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If you go on autotrader.com and search for new manual accords, sort by year 2020, there are 115 in the country right now listed for 2020.

In terms of ordering one, I can't make a comment on that. I know in the past when I tried to buy a manual I was too late to the party on ordering and they weren't getting anymore in, so that might be true. But your dealer certainly should be able to source one from another dealer if you have a client really interested...

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I know this thread is outdated now, but for anyone looking Honda announced that they stopped production of manual Accords in Dec 2019.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Where the SI comes alive is in the corners and on the windy roads, otherwise it becomes a normal Civic. If you are driving straight all the time or in flat lands, the SI can become boring (IMO). I know in the 2020 Civic si, they fixed the SI rattles, but the Accord is definitely going to be the comfortable ride. I know when watching YouTube videos, people have mentioned that the Accord manual shifter is pretty numb and sloppy compared to the SI. I've also seen that the G70 is a great car, but I've never driven it... Just basing it off YouTube reviews.
Agree that the handling is what really makes the Si shine. But...Rattles? What rattles? My '19 is silent. I put a spare tire in mine, and really doesn't take up that much space in the trunk.

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
I put a spare tire in mine, and really doesn't take up that much space in the trunk.
Please tell me what(description/size) you bought and how you placed or mounted it. Did it fit in the well underneath or did you just put it on top of the platform?

PhotoJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord 2.0T Sport 6MT; /07 Accord EX-L I4/Navi 5MT; '09 Fit Sport 5MT (wife)
Country flag
I know this is outdated thread, and I know you guys are Civic people :), but I thought I'd post that as of October 31, at least, it was still possible to find new manual Accord 2.0T Sports in Canada. My dealer got me one and I took delivery that day, and they indicated that there were several still around. I'm sure availability is declining with time, but manuals are easier to get here in Canada. (Gone for the Accord for 2021, of course.)
Sponsored