JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Update: after a few wonderfully quiet days after changing everything out, the rears both decided to act up. Took it all apart and nothing seems like it rubbing or anything. Odd thing is after driving for about 10 minutes it virtually goes away. Until the next time I drive it after sitting for awhile. I also power washed all the nooks and crannies so very unlikely there is debris or rocks in both rears. Any idea? Thank you!

Check the inner and outer edge of the pads and see if it’s contacting the rotor where the stock pads may have formed the lip. This happens a lot with a pad slap. The new pad is actually riding on the lip formed by the old pad. Even if you can’t really see a lip.

OP
OP

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
UPDATE: Turns out it was the rear rotors. Even the shop who did the troubleshooting was surprised because the OEM ones looked good. Must have been just enough wear to catch once in awhile and cause the terrible grinding noise. A new pair of StopTech rear rotors did the trick. Word of advice: Swap all rotors along with pads out when the time comes.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Glad that fixed your issue. Wonder if your rear rotor were worn in a weird way somehow to make such an awful noise. Im on my 3rd set of rear pads on the original rotors without problems. Ill be swapping them out for slotted ones next year though.
Sponsored