Status
Not open for further replies.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I'm not poo-pooing Honda/Acura - they're still my brands of choice, but like others have said their quality is falling while the quality of others is rising. As long as they have an edge over the competition and hold their resale value I'll continue to buy and recommend them. The Honda of today is NOT the Honda of the 80's and 90's - still among the best, but not as good as it once was. I'm simply no longer as opposed to considering other brands as I once was.
Sponsored

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the minority of people who really like the looks of the current gen Accord. If they released an Accord Type-R I'd be interested but the price would probably be out of my range. Too bad the Sport model doesn't come with an LSD.

All in all, the extra weight of the Accord and lack of an available LSD makes me happier with the Si.

Reactions: JMM

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
In comparison, my '08 TL-S had no interior rattles, no squeaking, a rock solid transmission and it had around 146K miles.
Yes, Acura had a nice long run of exceptional quality and reliability. My 2010 TSX is nine years old and has 117k miles, with many of those miles on Philly's battered streets, and it is still rock solid and rattle free. Virtually nothing has ever gone wrong. The quality is simply astounding. I recently tested a new Mazda 6 Grand Touring, and though it's an excellent car, it didn't feel quite as solid as my old TSX! I couldn't believe it. I suspect the Mazda's 19" wheels and lower profile tires transmit more shock through the body, which probably colored my impression, but I was still surprised. The Grand Touring trim of the Mazda 6 is an unbelievably great deal though, and if I wanted a midsize sedan with automatic transmission, it would be nearly impossible to pass up.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I'm in the minority of people who really like the looks of the current gen Accord. If they released an Accord Type-R I'd be interested but the price would probably be out of my range. Too bad the Sport model doesn't come with an LSD.

All in all, the extra weight of the Accord and lack of an available LSD makes me happier with the Si.
I wouldnt mind one now (lsd or not) that Ive lived here long enough to learn that driving on the backroads is a hit or miss. You either have NO traffic at all and can drive the speed limit or you have granny in front of you that should have a revoked license because she drives 10 under and cannot even stay in her own lane. I was behind grandma who almost hit another car head-on because of her shenanigans. If you cant stay in your own lane in the less twisty stuff and have to drive in the oncoming lane (fully over the double yellow) I think its time to park at home forever.

I dont go to the track, and generally just commute. What I dont like is how big the Accord is. It would barely fit into my garage. Hell when I had my accident and had my rental Chevy Impala I had to leave it parked outside in the driveway, lol. Its just slightly longer than the new Accord.

nickhaldin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan; 1997 Mazda Miata

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I wouldnt mind one now (lsd or not) that Ive lived here long enough to learn that driving on the backroads is a hit or miss. You either have NO traffic at all and can drive the speed limit or you have granny in front of you that should have a revoked license because she drives 10 under and cannot even stay in her own lane. I was behind grandma who almost hit another car head-on because of her shenanigans. If you cant stay in your own lane in the less twisty stuff and have to drive in the oncoming lane (fully over the double yellow) I think its time to park at home forever.

I dont go to the track, and generally just commute. What I dont like is how big the Accord is. It would barely fit into my garage. Hell when I had my accident and had my rental Chevy Impala I had to leave it parked outside in the driveway, lol. Its just slightly longer than the new Accord.
Remember, we are all going to be that Grandma or Grandpa one day. The reason she is probably still on the road is necessity, many times they have no one they can depend on to take them around. My father is now 85, and 3 years ago we as a family decided that he was becoming a danger on the road, so we had his doctor prohibit him from driving, (so he wouldn't blame it on us). Now between 2 brothers, a sister, sister-in-law and grandkids (you get the idea!) we drive him where he needs to go. That's a sacrifice we needed to make to keep him off the road and keep him and others safe. Sorry for going off topic!

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Remember, we are all going to be that Grandma or Grandpa one day. The reason she is probably still on the road is necessity, many times they have no one they can depend on to take them around. My father is now 85, and 3 years ago we as a family decided that he was becoming a danger on the road, so we had his doctor prohibit him from driving, (so he wouldn't blame it on us). Now between 2 brothers, a sister, sister-in-law and grandkids (you get the idea!) we drive him where he needs to go. That's a sacrifice we needed to make to keep him off the road and keep him and others safe. Sorry for going off topic!
She lives in my neighborhood even.. if I had a dash cam I would have had the police meet us there to show it to them, as they clearly need to be off the road. Sure its not easy but its better than dying an a head on collision.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag

Fun little race I found on youtube. Si vs Accord Sport 10speed auto. Mods listed on the description. Practically a tie.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag

Fun little race I found on youtube. Si vs Accord Sport 10speed auto. Mods listed on the description. Practically a tie.
This proves what I said about the 2.0t 10spd feeling the same power wise as my si after I put the tsp tune. Si handles way better though I could notice the difference in just regular driving. Very nice family car though.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This proves what I said about the 2.0t 10spd feeling the same power wise as my si after I put the tsp tune. Si handles way better though I could notice the difference in just regular driving. Very nice family car though.
It doesn't prove anything just anothers opinion is the same as yours but the accord is nice

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Someone is big mad. hahahhaha reporting pms now? Kitty cat.

Races are not opinions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.