amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yesterday I drove a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport with the 6 speed MT, and oh my, I regret not looking at this car when I was in the market. Let me start with, it's roomy, quiet, and fast (for a family sedan). The power delivery is so smooth and refined, and although the MT has longer throws than my Si, it doesn't have the same notchiness my shifter has. If you are in the market for a crossover, this is a car you should really look at.

It doesn't have the LSD like my Si, but it does put the power down with no torque steer, although there was some wheel hop when I shifted into second while going hard. Handling was a dream with very little body roll, and as an everyday driver it is way more comfortable than my Si. Driving on the freeway was a great experience, this car is very quiet (except for tire noise) and merging, passing is effortless.

Instrument panel is laid out very well, and it has actual buttons and knobs for controlling the HVAC and radio. I did hate the Infotainment screen. Although it is very clear and responsive, it looks like they stuck a tablet on the dashboard.

Anyway I know this is an Si forum but thought I would share my experience driving this car
Sponsored

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I too have driven the Accord Sport 2.0 6speed. I didnt really hit the highway just a 15minute drive around town. I came out not overly impressed. Although it was a great vehicle in itself, it just didnt tick my boxes. The straight line (with the 6speed, I'm sure the 10speed auto would feel different), didnt feel that much faster than the Si, the gearbox while smooth felt a bit rubbery and long and not as engaging. The handling while balanced didn't feel as tight and felt a bit heavy and less playful. The only thing I liked better was the smoothness of the 2.0T and sound of the engine, and I also dont remeber feeling rev hang. Other than that the Si was no doubt the better DRIVER'S car. For those looking for a sporty highway cruiser though, the Accord Sport 2.0 is hands down the better choice.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I too have driven the Accord Sport 2.0 6speed. I didnt really hit the highway just a 15minute drive around town. I came out not overly impressed. Although it was a great vehicle in itself, it just didnt tick my boxes. The straight line (with the 6speed, I'm sure the 10speed auto would feel different), didnt feel that much faster than the Si, the gearbox while smooth felt a bit rubbery and long and not as engaging. The handling while balanced didn't feel as tight and felt a bit heavy and less playful. The only thing I liked better was the smoothness of the 2.0T and sound of the engine, and I also dont remeber feeling rev hang. Other than that the Si was no doubt the better DRIVER'S car. For those looking for a sporty highway cruiser though, the Accord Sport 2.0 is hands down the better choice.
The suspension is definitely not as tight as the Si, but it is faster. You probably don't feel it as much due to the Accord being quieter and more sound damped. On my 2018 Si the fastest 0 to 60 I was able to achieve was 6.4 seconds, the Accord I was able to get a 5.5 0 to 60. Anyway I love my Si, I will be keeping it for at least the next 10 years

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
The suspension is definitely not as tight as the Si, but it is faster. You probably don't feel it as much due to the Accord being quieter and more sound damped. On my 2018 Si the fastest 0 to 60 I was able to achieve was 6.4 seconds, the Accord I was able to get a 5.5 0 to 60. Anyway I love my Si, I will be keeping it for at least the next 10 years
You were able to time a 0-60 on a test drive? Lol

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

07EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Drove the 2.0T Accord Sport before buying the SI and I really liked it, but it just didn't feel as nimble and as sporty as the SI. It did feel faster, it was quieter and seemed more refined, but for me, it just felt more like a highway cruiser than a tossable car that you would enjoy on a winding road. I also couldn't get over it's size. The thing was huge. Some people may like that, but it's not for me.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
lol this sounds like an advertisement used to entice si owners to make the switch.

the accord is a nice car but being more expensive it better be.

im biased as i dont like big cars, even accords. im old enough to remember when accords used to be as small as the current civics.

then americans kept getting fatter and the cars kept getting bigger to keep up. now we got so many boats on the road..

park a 5th gen civic coupe next to a current gen coupe and its fuggin crazy the difference..

nickhaldin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan; 1997 Mazda Miata
lol this sounds like an advertisement used to entice si owners to make the switch.

the accord is a nice car but being more expensive it better be.

im biased as i dont like big cars, even accords. im old enough to remember when accords used to be as small as the current civics.

then americans kept getting fatter and the cars kept getting bigger to keep up. now we got so many boats on the road..

park a 5th gen civic coupe next to a current gen coupe and its fuggin crazy the difference..
Man, I’m starting to see you and I think a lot alike. I love small cars, which is why I’ve always gravitated towards “economy” cars (why the crap don’t they make really small premium sporty cars?). I love my Miata, I feel like I can fit anywhere, and driving next to big cars is thrilling.

I also don’t understand the trend toward giant sedans and crossovers/SUVs. There’s literally nothing these smaller crossovers can do that my Si sedan can’t do. The cargo capacity on these big cars/small crossovers is abysmal for their size.

Anyway, back to topic...I also remember when the accords were waaaaay smaller. I had a 97 sedan and I’m pretty sure it was smaller than my 2012 and 2018 Sis. I really like the new accord. It is very comfortable, and the 2.0T is really quick. But, like others, the Si continues to win out for me. The new accord is BIG. I don’t need the space (or expense) of a big sedan, and the smaller car is more enjoyable for me to drive. And compared to my 2012 Si, my 2018 Si is twice as comfortable, twice as quiet, and overall twice as nice. I don’t really need more than that:nixon:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Man, I’m starting to see you and I think a lot alike. I love small cars, which is why I’ve always gravitated towards “economy” cars (why the crap don’t they make really small premium sporty cars?). I love my Miata, I feel like I can fit anywhere, and driving next to big cars is thrilling.

I also don’t understand the trend toward giant sedans and crossovers/SUVs. There’s literally nothing these smaller crossovers can do that my Si sedan can’t do. The cargo capacity on these big cars/small crossovers is abysmal for their size.

Anyway, back to topic...I also remember when the accords were waaaaay smaller. I had a 97 sedan and I’m pretty sure it was smaller than my 2012 and 2018 Sis. I really like the new accord. It is very comfortable, and the 2.0T is really quick. But, like others, the Si continues to win out for me. The new accord is BIG. I don’t need the space (or expense) of a big sedan, and the smaller car is more enjoyable for me to drive. And compared to my 2012 Si, my 2018 Si is twice as comfortable, twice as quiet, and overall twice as nice. I don’t really need more than that:nixon:
yeah dude, even when a car is faster id still take the slower more nimble handling si. like i said, im older, and as a result i remember a time when people werent such fat fux. pretty soon civics will be the size of the current accords! :(

i too wish theyd start making small compact sporty cars again!

nickhaldin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan; 1997 Mazda Miata
yeah dude, even when a car is faster id still take the slower more nimble handling si. like i said, im older, and as a result i remember a time when people werent such fat fux. pretty soon civics will be the size of the current accords! :(

i too wish theyd start making small compact sporty cars again!
Yeah that’s why I get such FOMO when I see the kei cars in Japan. The Honda s660?? :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: Thing is slooooow, but it’s all about the tiny, nimble handling. Small cars are just so much more fun. I’ve always wanted to import a Honda beat. That takes small sports cars to the next level :D

America as a whole would never go for those cars here because they’re too damn fat! I’m on the smaller side (5’8”, 155 lbs) so I can be comfortable in pretty much anything. Except big stupid trucks :rolleyes:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
The new Accord is a interesting car, and defiantly a contender if I ever needed a larger family car that was a good highway cruiser. Has a really nice front end when barreling toward you. But as it stands now, it’s just too boat like to be considered sporty, and it’s rims look like they weigh 50lbs apiece. The fat salesman in the showroom looked at me funny when I said the car was too huge...haha. Like a couple of the others mentioned, I too prefer smaller, lighter, lower, nimbler cars, and that’s where the Si shines.
Personally I’d prefer the current Si coupe to have even less roomy back seats, and for the rear overhang to be shortened at least a couple inches, but with same wheelbase. But it’s still a beautiful car as is

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the 2.0T 6MT. Driving around town it's very similar in feel to the Si, though the powertrain isn't nearly as buzzy. When pushed hard though, I could definitely feel a difference during corner exit. The chassis leans a bit more, and has a tad more understeer. I also found the Accord's bolstering less than adequate. And fellow owners are averaging around 5 MPGs less in mixed driving (a bit better on the AT).

It's a good car; just more consumer oriented than the Si. Though I might consider picking one up in a couple years.

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If Honda would give us a super sporty trim of the Accord branded as the Accord Type S that uses the adaptive suspension from the Civic Si, CTR LSD, sport mode in the manual transmission, that would be a real winner I think. There's just something about a sporty, long wheelbase saloon. Now making the Accord a wagon... that would be the perfect car.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
be carful on those tight corners with the accord. you dont want to rock the boat!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
be carful on those tight corners with the accord. you dont want to rock the boat!
If you drove it, you will be surprised. It doesn't handle as well as the Si, but it's not supposed to. It's a family sedan that is sporty. I came from the Toyota Camry/Sienna world, and when I bought the Si I had to get used to the smaller cabin and extra road noise...although it is roomy and surprisingly quiet for a sporty compact car (I have the 4 door sedan). My wife and 2 kids (actually they are not really kids, my son is 15 and my daughter is 18) fit in it comfortably, we have done a couple of trips back and forth to Southern Cal and they were very comfortable for the 8 hour trip.

Anyway I love my Si, I just hope it lasts me as long as my Toyotas have. Oh yeah, and I agree with you, Americans are becoming a nation of fatties
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.