2017 Civic HB Sport Touring: Black screen WTH!

Carabao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys!

Bought my 2017 Civic HB Sport Touring in May and now, I'm having no more Radio, Climate Control, in fact, it will be faster to describe what display on that screen!

1- Rear Camera (Froze after using it)
2- Side Camera (Froze while in use)
3- Temperature (when adjusting it by turning the manual buttons)

That's it! All the rest is a total black screen!

Here's what happened. I brought the car to the dealer for wiper issues while using the AUTO mode. Sensitivity was not working properly. The tech guy removed fuses #18+#19, disconnect the battery 20 minutes.

He after tried to reinstall the car software but it failed in the middle of the installation.

So I've been told that they found the issue for the wipers! Faulty part: Audio Unit. But now, making 5 days I'm waiting for the replacement part to arrive but seems they don't know when they're gonna receive it.

What I wanna know is:
1- Does the wipers and Audio Unit are linked together and may be the cause of the wipers issues on auto mode?
2- Can it be possible the tech guy tried to install a wrong software version?
3- Can the Audio Unit be seriously dead and what may have happened?
4- If not dead, where on how I can attempt to reinstall the whole software?

Kind of totally frustrating situation honestly!

Thanks
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi guys!

Bought my 2017 Civic HB Sport Touring in May and now, I'm having no more Radio, Climate Control, in fact, it will be faster to describe what display on that screen!

1- Rear Camera (Froze after using it)
2- Side Camera (Froze while in use)
3- Temperature (when adjusting it by turning the manual buttons)

That's it! All the rest is a total black screen!

Here's what happened. I brought the car to the dealer for wiper issues while using the AUTO mode. Sensitivity was not working properly. The tech guy removed fuses #18+#19, disconnect the battery 20 minutes.

He after tried to reinstall the car software but it failed in the middle of the installation.

So I've been told that they found the issue for the wipers! Faulty part: Audio Unit. But now, making 5 days I'm waiting for the replacement part to arrive but seems they don't know when they're gonna receive it.

What I wanna know is:
1- Does the wipers and Audio Unit are linked together and may be the cause of the wipers issues on auto mode?
2- Can it be possible the tech guy tried to install a wrong software version?
3- Can the Audio Unit be seriously dead and what may have happened?
4- If not dead, where on how I can attempt to reinstall the whole software?

Kind of totally frustrating situation honestly!

Thanks
I don't think the wiper issue is related to the Head Unit issue. I don't like the Auto Sensing wipers either. They don't work consistently. However, I think you will have to wait until the dealer fixes one issue before they will check to see if it fixes the wiper issue or not. But I doubt it will.

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Please open a case with American Honda and insist a Techline case be opened

I have a EXL-Navi Hatchback

I had an issue when I was driving my info system rebooted while driving and had a flashing black screen

No climate control, navi, or radio
This happened several times, as well as my GPS not being consistent all the time

I had to get my entire system replaced due to hardware failure

Ever since it got replaced no issues

I had 2 tech line cases opened for my head unit
Had to twist arms with AHM and Dealers to finally force them to replace the unit, so good luck

Helps if you have videos showing this black screen as I had plenty for evidence
Sponsored