Kodoo

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Touring
Country flag
Don't know how or when this happened. Just noticed a large gap between my hood and grill on my 2017 sport touring hatch.

Anyone have an tip on how I can fix this or a part number to replace? It appears the piece between the edge of the hood and top of the grill is bowing inwards creating the gap. I can flex it back towards the clips on the hood to re attach but not far enough to secure them all. I am afraid too much force to re attach it could damage the grill or the red piece.

Would taking the grill out and bending the middle piece back outwards be a viable option? Any advice is appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bowing Above Grill On 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback DSC_0112.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bowing Above Grill On 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback DSC_0113.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bowing Above Grill On 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback DSC_0111.JPG

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Welcome to the club. Seems to be a very common flaw of the Honda. Seen it countless times. So far no permanent fix.

vicpodo

First Name
victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bowing Above Grill On 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback s-l1600

im new to Hondas and my grill looks like its coming off too unless this is completely normal to see all the tabs??? I have no idea tbh haha. did you end up fixing yours at the dealership or under Honda warranty? thanks for the info!!!!! oh and also do you think it would fall off if I didn't fix it...?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car was doing this the day I picked it up. There's a whole long thread on this issue here somewhere. In my case ,they had to put a new bumper and grill on cause the tabs were broke, which is really the issue with this happening.
That piece between your hood and the grill is actually part of the bumper.

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
Most dealerships won’t own up to it but I Had this issue since I bought it in 2017. Dealer said tabs were broken and I must have hit something. Yeah. My bumper is pristine... I must have hit something....

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
What did you end up doing? One solution that I've seen but haven't done yet is removing the bumper and using a zip tie to thread through the tabs of the grill. Planning on going that method once I find some time. Heard taking off the bumper is a hassle.
Sponsored